• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Our 2012 SRT8 Grand Cherokee (WK2)

I wonder if they would have a private session on a snowy day... some 4wd sport vehicle fun would be sweet

High Plains is open now? Thought it was still under construction...... Hmmmmmm....:D

Of course. (no pun intended lol) but it's been open for two years now. They have open lapping days during the winter when the weather is nice.

It's a great time to get out there as well. Virtually unlimited track time and the cold temps help keep the cooling system happy. :guitar:

Of course. (no pun intended lol) but it's been open for two years now.

My bad. I was confusing High Plains with the track being built across from the Budweiser Events Center.

Interesting.......... was washing the road grime off the headlights and noticed this little detail......

The old-school "logo" built into the reflector shield of the bulb.......

2012-12-29_15-29-44_384.jpg

LOL...I pulled off 56th onto Vasquez Wednesday evening and heard this load sprts car zip past my semi and it was a Srt8 Grand ...lol...man that thing sounded mean ...I'm pretty sure one of these will be my next toy .

Sure has been kinda interesting listening to friends, co-workers and family give their opinions on our having gone with the SRT8 instead of the Overland.

They freak out that we leave it parked on the driveway and not in the garage.... That it gets snowed on...... That it's a daily driver and not kept pristine and only driven on nice days..... That we aren't concerned about putting miles on it. With the large number of Overland/Limited versions that will be made, the residual value for those in the SUV market isn't gonna be good at all. Our '07 Trailblazer SS had nearly $8K in value over a non SS when we traded it in...... And there were 10,726 of those made that year....

Sure its one of 400 in this color and 1 of 1600 total for 2012...... But we bought this to DRIVE. This thing is an outstanding winter snow machine! All wheel drive, limited slip, specific snow setting for the t-case, heated front and rear seats, heated steering wheel, remote start that automatically turns on the heat & defrost/A/C, heat or cooling seats all based on interior temperature, auto dimming rear and side mirrors, power opening hatch...... Oh and the 470 hp and 15" Brembos provide MORE than enough go and whoa.

It does look good when all cleaned up...... But to me it's gorgeous when it's road grimey....:D

Last edited:
totally agree, Troy. I have always been of the mind that cars are meant for driving, not drooling over, and if you have one that is collectible because of how it drives, then drive the snot out of it and smile the whole time!

totally agree, Troy. I have always been of the mind that cars are meant for driving, not drooling over, and if you have one that is collectible because of how it drives, then drive the snot out of it and smile the whole time!

and thats why i bought and built my zj
good looks
enough performance
and so little money i can smile when it looks like crap from tooling around town in the snow
not to mention awd limited slip and gasp....2wd

Man I love Craigslist.......

Just scored a brand new set of 4 SRT8 Grand wheels complete with sensors and center caps - in mopar boxes for $750. The guy was asking $1,000 (which would still have been a steal....) To buy these from the dealer they list for over $1,200 EACH...... one dealership quoted $1,485! :eek:

The wife was not happy about my talking about track time on the new Yokohamas so now I can either burn off the run flat Pirellis we already own, or continue to try to sell them and buy some better track tires. :thumbup:

:cheers: Please tell me this is what you will be driving down to the springs when you come. I would love to see this thing. B E A U T I F U L

:cheers: Please tell me this is what you will be driving down to the springs when you come. I would love to see this thing. B E A U T I F U L

Not likely - it's the wife's DD and works during the week. If it ends up being on a Saturday, and she has no plans...... then maybe. Dunno if she'll approve of a pair of leaf packs loaded into it..... :looney:

Man that thing is awesome! Wish i could afford a newer car. I would have been all over a new wrx!

LOL.... I'm jealous of YOUR new payment. No shame in that Subie you just bought.... NICE :thumbup: Plus...... You wouldn't wanna feed this damn thing.... :laugh:

No chit! I bet it's a pain.... But yes I'm sure your payment is a lot bigger then mine. But I mean cool factor here. Not many have srt8's. Everyone has a subie.

Back