• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Operation Overcompensation

I have to ask.. Are the IROKs really all that.. I mean I see all these goingn on rigs but never really thought they were all that? Not trying to bag on em.. They have alot of void, but maybe too much? I been looking at new tires and same with a buddy and we both keep going back to the Trapadors or the creepy's.. But the iroks I do see are avail in many more sizes.

Looks great Avery!

Kevin3151 said:
Wow, those 5150's look like they will be workin hard. That thing is a monster. I cant wait to see it in the Rocks. How close are you to taking it out on a run?
KH

I think I can run it now for a test run. Ron may get a phone call for a Shredder test run in the next couple of weeks :D

Maybe SoCalXJ Jambo :dunno:

ROBERTK said:
I have to ask.. Are the IROKs really all that.. I mean I see all these goingn on rigs but never really thought they were all that? Not trying to bag on em.. They have alot of void, but maybe too much? I been looking at new tires and same with a buddy and we both keep going back to the Trapadors or the creepy's.. But the iroks I do see are avail in many more sizes.

Good question Robert and to be honest with you, I don't know. What I do know is that a metric fawk ton of guys run them in Arizona with their 'sharp' rocks with good success. They were basically the only option I had for 15" rims. I used ONE tire in JV when I toasted an MTR and it performed fine. We know of two guys who can do pretty much anything in JV with 39.5" bias ply Iroks and the 39.5" variation does not function as well as the 42s do in the field so I SHOULD be better off. The tread pattern is deeper and a tad different on the 42s.

We will know soon enough.

According to Lincoln, in regards to 42s, it doesn't matter at that size. :dunno: (But who the fawk would listen to that guy!!)

the approach angles are wickedly good with those meats. Now just need to drop in a v8 and run the truck challenge

djblade311 said:
the approach angles are wickedly good with those meats. Now just need to drop in a v8 and run the truck challenge

LS1 and a T400 but screw the top truck challenge :D

This is all i have to say

Picture120.jpg

Looks good though!

xj4moab said:
This is all i have to say

Picture120.jpg

Looks good though!

At least my junk runs :D

Goatman said:
With the 42's, now folks won't be able to tell that you can't drive. :looser:

:D

Too true :D

FileHandler.ashx

cracker said:
Ya know ya have a bad ass buggy when it can drive itself.

Scrappy said:
more pics or i will ban your ass.

It is the only 'known' pic of the day :dunno:

XJ WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM

FileHandler.ashx

A lot more foot room now :D

FileHandler.ashx

I am thinking of going 1350 driveline w/out a CV on it. Here is a pic of the driveline angle.

Back