• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Open letter to NAXJA members and sponsors covering the 2014 year.

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
Open letter to NAXJA members and sponsors.

First and foremost, thank you for being a NAXJA member and/or a sponsor. NAXJA could not be what it is today without the support of everyone that’s been in involved for almost 16 years!

It has been my pleasure serving NAXJA the past two years and thank you for electing me for another two year term.

2014 was another very successful year for NAXJA. In January, NAXJA turned 15 years old. We celebrated all year long with extra stickers in membership packets and topped it off with a nationally supported event in Harlan, KY. National coordinated with the SEC chapter at the Crawl and had a bash complete with special swag and a birthday cake. We do have some of those special items leftover that you can find in the store along with a few more items soon.

In coordination with our treasurer, David Bricker, our chapters now have their own business accounts to keep finances in better order. We are still prospering and able to continue to donate to land use efforts across the country. National gave $5000 to the Blue Ribbon Coalition (BRC) in November in Las Vegas. The chapters have contributed in helping with land use efforts from rebuilding a trailer to trail maintenance to helping pay for concrete to make restrooms more accessible for camping while doing trail maintenance.

In 2014, we searched for help with our admin responsibilities. We have found that help and have established a team to keep the website up and running better. It’s been a long transition, but we are making progress. In 2015, I hope to look at some site upgrades, see what we can do about chat, and some security upgrades.

The membership team went through some transition in 2014. Membership is caught up and I hope that you’ll find your packets on time in 2015.

At the end of February, we’ll be sending myself, and the vice-president, Ryan Ward to Sacramento, Ca for an intense weekend seminar. The Volunteer Leader & Land Stewardship (VLLS) seminar, put on Del Albright will focus on training us to be better leaders of a volunteer organization and continue our land use focus. Look for a full report after we get back. You can read all about it here: http://www.rltc.biz/vlls

Another busy year is in store for us in 2015. The BOD is excited to get the 2015 sponsorship program underway and we’ll have many events, hopefully somewhere near you. Please keep watch on the event forum for those events. I hope to see you on the trail or at an event in the future!

As always, if you have any questions, comments, concerns about NAXJA and what is going on please feel free to PM, email, text or call me or any member of the BOD.

Thank you!
Matt 'macgyvr' Rowland
NAXJA president
[email protected]

Back