• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Old Dale Mine RD. ( Daytrip)

OK, Cal you can come along
You will not SPOT for anybody.
You will stay in front of everybody at all times.(we should get a good show on this flat road folks)
You will let people help you over the ruff spots in the road.
:)
I see a good time for all.

I didn't flop it! I spotted Russ Pottenger into flopping it!

img_024740ac2.jpg

True. I also remember driving the same route/incline you spotted him up. Except I went about half way up it, backed down. Tried it again a little lower and different. But then backed down again and went around it. Only because even though it didn't look like much, in the drivers seat it felt baaaaad. There's no way you could have known that.

Last edited:
This is in like a week folks.Last time i say something about it. They don't like folks to BUMP there threads, so i won't.It sounds like it should be cooling down a little by then too.Today it is going to be 102 here.About time we got some heat going, now i can go out on night runs too.

We got a long soft road to drive on(just air down for this part).I did99% of it in 2 wheel.I could have done it all in 2 wheel but we was alone and i didn't want it to slip off the edge.I would say yes he can .My jeep is locked F/R so i can tug him if need be

Y'all should have nice weather... I have a wedding & I need to pick up a new project (I hope after the legal crap is worked through) possibly on Sat. AM.

Have fun...

Curt

Still meeting at 8:30 AM? Should make it!!
Yes sir we is.I'll be getting fuel in the morning at the bottom of the pass on the south side of the freeway.Don't know the name of that station there, but the place is by the strip club.:) This will be 7:15 kinda.around that time.give or take a few.You know us.

Y'all should have nice weather... I have a wedding & I need to pick up a new project (I hope after the legal crap is worked through) possibly on Sat. AM.

Have fun...

Curt
Sorry you can't make it, but you have your hands full so enjoy.Hope you get it all worked out.This is going to be our last planned trip out here i think.Just night runs after this.I hear there is plans for a BB run coming up.This will be a small group of folks.

This all depends if my motor blows:explosion up or not. 10# oil pressure on the freeway is bad right:confused1.I love the rattle sound, it'll be missed with the new motor i have for it.:D

Thanks all... We had a great time!

Glad you had fun.We found some nice mines and some not so nice.Shame we couldn't get pass that shored up one, but it didn't look all that safe.The last one we was in.We'll do the Metal Art next Or Cyndee's boss found a bunch of mines up by his place and going to Big Bear the back way.He has a huge place up in Pioneer town.

Nice to see you guys again.

Tone it would have been much better if you was there.Maybe you can make it next time, cause we know it would be a perfect weekend having you with us.As soon as i get my motor in I'll be planning a trip to BB, lots of old mines up there.Maybe you can follow AIR Aaron.:shhh:

I'll keep you posted.:D

You'll get use to them.I had to change my style when i went with 35 too.I now find myself stepping very easy on the skinny pedal.Kinda of nice now. I also noticed you cleared them rocks better too.LOL

Back