• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Old Dale Mine RD. ( Daytrip)

Check my second pict. & your fifth... it's vanishing...

It's sad to see the Mission Mine slowly disappearing... more $ in the scrapping of it than the gold it originally hoped for...

Curt

OK folks I got us a date to do this trip.

It is going to be the date of APRIL 28 2012. So if you can't make the SoCal Fest run maybe you can make this.We'll meet at the ranger station at the Cottonwood Visitor Center at 8:30.Leave there by 8:45 to be on the OLD DALE ROAD by 9:00.

See you there

Last edited:
And here I was going to say if you could make it the weekend AFTER SoCal Fest I might be able to go! I'd like to go, but I'm not going to skip SCF. Bah.

Sorry carol. I tried all year to get a camping trip going and never made it.Maybe next year and you can come to that with us desert folks. I want to run the Bradshaw trail soon before my health doesn't allow me too.Hell getting old isn't it? Wait, you wouldn't know this.

Haha, that WAS a funny video. "The road became more of challenge" and she's crawling through like a dirt road with a few ruts maybe a half a foot high and some iddy biddy rocks.

The really sad part is that new grand cherokees tires were ACTUALLY slipping. I don't know, am I out of touch with a stock Jeep on street tires, or are the new Jeeps THAT under capable? I'd think I'd hit that road about a conservative 30mph in in 4-hi, even in a stock XJ. Mine, probably more like a conservative 50 mph in 2WD. :D

Haha, that WAS a funny video. "The road became more of challenge" and she's crawling through like a dirt road with a few ruts maybe a half a foot high and some iddy biddy rocks.

The really sad part is that new grand cherokees tires were ACTUALLY slipping. I don't know, am I out of touch with a stock Jeep on street tires, or are the new Jeeps THAT under capable? I'd think I'd hit that road about a conservative 30mph in in 4-hi, even in a stock XJ. Mine, probably more like a conservative 50 mph in 2WD. :D

LOL, they have a sign posted that said, BUMP AHEAD.:doh:

That video is old from what i can tell.I ruts are now about 8" deep.I know my 4.5" lift was all it could do to flex over them.:rolleyes:.Was getting ready to winch it out.:D

i hear rumours that someone in this chapter rolled his jeep on something less challenging.

If Carol told you the rumor, it's not a rumor, I have pics, because I was there. I also didn't believe him at first when he said on the radio "come back with the winch" because he rolled. I didn't believe him because it was basically a flat dirt road.

4wheeling with the Jeeps Sat. 1 flop, several wrenches, a few tugs and some welds later. We are done. by mikedashg, on Flickr

Last edited:
OK, Cal doesn't get to come on this trip.LOL

Haha, aww Cal is the best.

Actually he flopped his old Jeep without even being in it! Like, uh, maybe a few months before this pic was taken? So that's also why I didn't believe him. Plus I thought he was joking around because the trail was easy. Like saying "do I need to put it in 4-wheel drive now?"

Yeah, that was a confusing one. 2 wheel drive low range. First gear. At an idle. Pushing buttons on the GPS, I notice stuff shifting in the center console and can't figure out why. There's shade to my right, but I don't recall seeing a hill there.. why is the steering wheel pushing to the right?

who knows. those gravity spikes are unpredictable.

(the coil spring retainer fell off of the right side coil. drooped going into the rut and the coil fell out.. no coil into a hole, just went over.. if you were wondering)

Haha, aww Cal is the best.

Actually he flopped his old Jeep without even being in it! Like, uh, maybe a few months before this pic was taken?

I didn't flop it! I spotted Russ Pottenger into flopping it!

img_024740ac2.jpg

Back