• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Okay guys and gals...are we going to ride or what???

Due to other engagements (none of which involve the XJ :( ) I won't be able to make the trip on the 18th. And it figures since it's someplace I haven't been yet. Hope yall have fun!

Well it looks like I'll have to drive my stock '97 to the ride this time. The '93 wasn't quite finished when I went to pick it up the other day, and it won't be done till after the trail ride. If we decide to do the moe aggressive trails, I guess I'll sit it out or hitch a ride with one of you guys. Man I can't describe how bad this bites the big one. I knew that trading off the car for the '97 XJ would come in handy sooner or later though. So the good news is I'll still be able to attend.

People from the board that I know of showing up right now. Me, GA Mike, Kudzu, 2badxj's, and maybe Bigwoody. What about Danno? Anyone else who hasn't spoken up? There are also two XJ's from here in Nashville showing up, on XJ from Chattanooga, as well as possibly a couple YJ's and maybe one Fullsize. So far everyone except 2badxj's will be locked in at least one axle. Right now the plan is to ride in Stagecoach. It's basically a series of creekbeds of varying degrees of difficulty with steep trails shooting off at either end. If more people show up that aren't able to ride there then we may ride somewhere else but for now the plan is Stagecoach. Here are some pictures from the creekbeds to help you visualize.

[img:e83f83bf47]http://www.fototime.com/FBC06C2BCE47928/standard.jpg[/img:e83f83bf47]

[img:e83f83bf47]http://www.fototime.com/EE5FC13C8880B9E/standard.jpg[/img:e83f83bf47]

Man!!! After seeing those pictures, I hate it even more that I won't have the '93 to take along. Oh well I don't mind being a passenger/photographer/spotter (sob, sob) really I don't mind. Hey is it true you can learn from other peoples misery and mistkes. If so maybe this whole thing will be educational.

:x :cry:
Man this really bits but the trans in the burban went out so We will not be able to make it...No spare tires for the rig and a 4cy on 32 SS is not fun for a 2 hour drive...LOL anyway need the cash to get the trans fixed for Attica...so I will se you all end of Feb or March...

Heather

hey yall, looks like I'll be able to go after all. BUT, I'm unlocked both ends. Stagecoach? what kinda name is that? can't be all THAT!!! :twisted:

Dan is leading the ride so it's his call but I don't know if you need to go down into Stagecoach without lockers. If he says no I'm sure someone will have an open seat or you could jump in on a ride with another group. There will be a group of Rovers riding some easier stuff and another group is riding in Coppenger Cove. We'll figure something out. We can always ride something more tame on Sunday so you can wheel to. We'll do our best to accomodate everyone.

Hey, I was wondering if there is a web site that has more info on this area we intend to wheel. So far I have found 6 places to wheel in the area and only have concrete info on 2. Those being TELLICO and Superlift ORV in Hot Springs. I would like more info on Gardendale, AL/ Monteagle, TN/ Summerville, TN/ and Heflin, Al. I've heard that all these areas offer great wheelin' opportunities, but I have found little official info on any of them. Anyone with info in regards to cost, directions, or people to contact before going to these places, would be greatly appreciated.

Gardendale has a site...Will have to look it up but it is an event only or if your invited. I have contacts down there and can get us in when they have an opening....

Summerville,TN is a new one on me unless you mean Summertown and do a search for Whelin' in the Country that is what they call the park...

Helfin is I am not sure I know some guys down that way who know but have yet to be able to get with them to find out if it is private property..I do know some down there is and I have the contacts to get us on it but only as a group.

They are calling for snow in Monteagle on Friday. If there is snow on the ground No one without lockers will make it out of Stagecoach. If it is dry there is some stuff in there you can do but body damage is likely. I won't be up there until about 4:30 Sat morning so we will just have to make the call when everyone meets up that sat morning. I will only have one seat open and the high is only going to be 28. My rig has no heater top or windshield so if we have a manly person needing a seat they can ride with me.

Well,I don't know if I'll be able to make the ride or not. After wrenching all weekend revamping the cooling system on mine,I pulled it out of the garage and it hasn't started since. :cry: Everything is in order,it just won't turn over. I think the NSS is the culprit,as I've been having problems with it(having to put it in neutral to get it to start once in a while). Hope to have it up and running by the weekend,but if I don't make it,you guys have a blast!

Gardendale

Maybe I can help shed some light on Gardendale seeing as I live here and know the area pretty well.

First, let me say that Wes, Kudzu and Mike know me (could be a good thing) so they can vouch for me.

There is a relatively new ORV park in Mt. Olive, Al. It's the one where the last two (2) Superlift events were held. It's called Gray Rock ORV and is privately owned.

It is a "reservation only" type ORV park for liability and safety issues. It can be reserved for an event or for a group. It has over 2100 acres of land that has trails from mild to wild on it. This is one of the reasons why it's by reservation only. It's so darn big! That, and this way we know who and how many are there so no-one is unaccounted for!

Also, it's partialy due to the fact there was a Superlift attendee that left the grounds to go for "gas and munchies". He got into an accident, had no insurance, and long story short, the "injured parties" went after the property owner. So that is one of the reasons why ALL vehicles entering the park are required to be LICENCED and INSURED. Liability insurance is an inexpensive policy and should be a smart thing to have in our sport.

You can click on the link I provided to go to the web site to check the park out. I think you all would like it. It has something for just about everyone.

One of the main reasons for the park's existance is all the pressure on the trails around Gardendale. There's been a lot of property change hands, some legal actions, clear-cutting, and home and businesses springing up all around here.

So, the powers that be, decided to try to save a place for 4x4 enthusiasts to go enjoy their sport in a place designed for it.

Sounded good to me so I designed and built the web site to help get the word out. I hope I've been of some help. If not or if there are questions, feel free to email me at [email protected] or use any of the numbers or email on the site.

Soooo........who's interested? I AM!!!!! I could try and set something up for say, late March or April. I'll get on it and start a new thread about it! :D

Back