• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil ?

DaveD912

NAXJA Forum User
My wife has a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and had the oil changed yesterday at the dealer. I checked the receipt and they put 5w30 conventional oil it. The manual recommends 0w20 synthetic and that is what has always been put in. Is running it for 3k with the 5w30 going to cause problems?

My wife has a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and had the oil changed yesterday at the dealer. I checked the receipt and they put 5w30 conventional oil it. The manual recommends 0w20 synthetic and that is what has always been put in. Is running it for 3k with the 5w30 going to cause problems?

In Jersey in the summer, your engine probably won't even notice the difference, but if you're concerned, you should go see the service writer at the dealership and request the correct oil.

I'm going to call today and see if they can give me a reason. IMO, it was either a mistake or a way to get me back for service sooner.

Did you pay for a syn oil change?

Back