• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oddly optioned xj's

88XJSport said:
i didnt know the 97+ were smaller on the inside...

They are a little bit, if not so much the headroom which I think it is as well, in the door trim being more intrusive in the 97'+. I have a 98' plain jane Sport, pretty much a SE model with a 2 dr 5 speed 4x4.

MN-Cherokee said:
Out of the four I have owned here is the weirdest:

1990 XJ 2-door 4x4
4.0L
AW4 Auto
NP-231
Government Package in Canada. It was in metric. I had to swap the gauge pod to an american one.
Power/Comfort Switch for AW4
Had column shift, there was a black radio rack in the center.
Had Vinyl floor mats, no carpet.
Basic Steel Wheels
Bare bones. No options for comfort. No vent windows in the door or side windows. The wipers had two speeds, on and on fast. No tint, no power anything. No roof rack. Very basic AM/FM radio with two front door speakers. But get this, it had full skid plates (front/engine, transfer case, gas tank) but no tow hooks???

yours was a police version from the factory. the cherokees with the transmission on the steering colum were police packages cuz that black center radio rack was actualy for the computer. here in gr we still have a few cherokee cop cars.

yupz.

i have a 92 laredo with all chrome, rear defrost and wiper, carpet, the nice cloth seats, full instruments, 4.0l, 231 with the nice aluminum wheels, but it has no power anything, air or cruise and is a 5 speed. kinda weird all the bling options and nice interior but none of the comfort options

My 85 XJ didn't even come with power steering.

my 86 had rubber floors, no stereo, 4 cyl, 4 speed, no rear wiper or defrost. basic vynal interior, idiot lights, no a/c, no window vents, ...the original buckets didnt even recline. the only thing i miss was the rubber floor mat... really easy to clean but it was in bad shape. havent been able to find another one yet

I would like to find a 4.0L with out a/c. i never use it even when it gets to about 105 here in KC

xjlilred8706 said:
yours was a police version from the factory. the cherokees with the transmission on the steering colum were police packages cuz that black center radio rack was actualy for the computer. here in gr we still have a few cherokee cop cars.

yupz.
I just saw a post 99 Xj cop car in kansas City when that chemical plant exploded

troy6187 said:
havent been able to find another one yet
I havent come across, (seen in person or heard on the net) anyone that has two of the same cherokee with identical options. I would really like to be proven wrong! But for now i am going to believe that no two XJ's are alike.

I've got a 93 xj 4dr. PW/PL.PS.PB. A/C, Am/FM radio, no tape but I have 4 door speakers, t ounder dash and two in the rear hatch. colum shift AW4, extended idle switch, full skid package, tranny cooler, nice cloth interiorbut rubber floor, 30/35 set up w/3.55's and factory LSD in the rear. NP242 case, 120mph certified calibration speedo (it does every bit of it to) the worlds biggest fuel gage and lots of idiot lights.

I know mine was a vermont police vehical, hence all the rust.

88 XJ 4d 4x4 4.0L. pw/dl/windos. rear def, frunt skid, gasstank skidd. lerado int, no cherokee badges at all just the 2 4x4s on the side, d44/r d35/f no hitch. spare tire is the donut(blew it to day going out the driveway lol)
no radio. (soon to be CB in the dash)

what does tha sound like to yall?

o yea mising $700 worth of glass:flamemad:

I'd like to know what the serp belt routing is on a non-ac 4L, if anyone has a pic or something it wouild be apreciated.

My truck is somewhat of an oddity i think..

'95 2-door (rear windows dont have vents), AW-4, 4.0L, AC, tape deck, manual windows and locks, came with full-size spare, had idiot lights (not anymore...i like this mod more than my $4000 axles haha) optional tranny cooler and original mopar hitch (made me think it was a tow package)....but it had 3.55s (not 3.73s)..had an 8.25 before i swapped the axles..it didnt have trak-lock or tow hooks..or skid plates...no "sport" badges, but its definitely not a country or SE..i don't see many 2-doors with aw-4s..how different is this set-up or do i just like to think my truck's a little different?

I saw a a 96 cherokee with a high top with a tv vcr multi speaker system , factory approved conversion , leather seats billet grille fiberglass running boards, wood grain trim all around , conversion done by company called glaxon or something like that , 4x4 as well , tooo weird for my taste but had good 4x4 parts ,

vette75406 said:
I saw a a 96 cherokee with a high top with a tv vcr multi speaker system , factory approved conversion , leather seats billet grille fiberglass running boards, wood grain trim all around , conversion done by company called glaxon or something like that , 4x4 as well , tooo weird for my taste but had good 4x4 parts ,
Those are Glavel custom conversions. The specialize in van coversions but they've done a bunch of XJ's over the years also.

glavelxj.jpg

Back