• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

**NWChapter Random Thoughts Thread***

Wall to wall counseling sucks, mofo understands what went wrong. I guess I'm just too nice and forgiving for my own good. Lifes too short to carry anger.

i DO !

Anything special I need for a vacuum disconnect axle to regular axle shaft swap? Just yank out old axle and swap in a new one? Or do I need to do something with the vacuum motor thing?

Anything special I need for a vacuum disconnect axle to regular axle shaft swap? Just yank out old axle and swap in a new one? Or do I need to do something with the vacuum motor thing?

I think there is a seal you need to add or remove, but other than that, should be a straight swap, just make sure to make a plate to cover the vac section and rtv it

you need a special seal for it, depending on how you do it and whether your housing has the bore at 2.0625" or 2.000". It's annoying and dumb and if you have 3.55 gears I'd strongly consider just getting a nondisconnect axle for like a hundred bucks and building it up, gusset it a bit, then put it in.

Not as cheap, but it'll come out better and parts will be easier to get.

Im looking for a non disco axle but was hoping to change the axle shaft for now.

How reliable is the method where you put a bolt in the housing to keep the 2 piece axle locked?

Im looking for a non disco axle but was hoping to change the axle shaft for now.

How reliable is the method where you put a bolt in the housing to keep the 2 piece axle locked?

Shouldn't be a bolt, as far as I remember reading, you just have to flip the vac fork around where it keeps it fully engage all the time

So dead in this chapter lately... :/
I'm probably partly to blame. I've been busy getting settled into a new place, and still haven't gotten my Internet hooked up. I find posting from my phone annoying, so I've been mostly been lurking. Hopefully that will change next week though. We need to start hashing out NWF details, and get some other stuff going!

Thought this was interesting, never seen a d30 with that low of gearing lol
rydazypy.jpg

I don't think door count matters in gearing... BUT

4cyl autos 87 through 90 have 4.56s, usually.

4cyl autos 86 and down SOMETIMES do, one of the SEC guys had an 84 or 85 that had that setup. The 86 4cyl auto MJ I looked at in the junkyard with that combo did not, however, it had 3.55s because it was a 3 speed chryco auto w/ no overdrive, so it needed much taller gears to achieve highway speeds without taching out.

Back