• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

**NWChapter Random Thoughts Thread***

Scott, tell him what your sticks do! :roflmao:

My point exactly. Black is whatever. I saw a few rigs up at TSF and there was red, blue and green on one rig alone.
I paint my parts my axles are red and diff covers yellow my old control and were yellow to. But when I installed my new adjustables I left them grey due to poor weather.

389efef3447d20b23aba4b33269e2033.jpg

also painted my rims.

Lots of reasons for multiple sticks to the transfer-case. Twin sticks can be used for independently engage/disengaging front & rear driveshafts, one stick for each transfer case in the case of having a doubler (two t-cases, or a full t-case and a separate gear box like a 2:1), an Atlas (all of the above in one transfer case), etc. When you see a 3rd, it could be for a lot of things ... some use it to lock in rear-steer, others for engaging an Ox Locker. Too many reasons to list!

Only thing I think is cool, is orange Reid racing knuckles! Other than that, I know what you mean!

Side note on the 'sticks'-
I can't wait for the day I have 5 shifters in my Xj!!!!!! I get butterfly's every time I see that pic Scott posted!
One for the trans
One for the rail shifter
One for the planetary/reduction housing, whatever it is
One for front axle
One for rear axle

Mmmmmmm.......

Why do we have to have such an expensive hobby?!

Could you please explain what all those sticks do? I'm a n00b and just discovered my transfer case shifter.

I just installed an atlas 4speed, the two main shifters are front and rear axles, they do Hi/neutral/low, the low is 4.3x1 reduction, the 3rd shifter is for the second low, of 2.72x1

When either of the two shifters is in "Low" and the secondary "Low" is engaged, my final low :looney:ratio is 11.7x1

I'm liking the low gear in my 241OR (4:1), but I'm finding that often its not slow enough on the rocks compared to what I'm use to. Someday I would like to get one of those gear doublers but i'm not sure I could work it with my driveline angle.

I just installed an atlas 4speed, the two main shifters are front and rear axles, they do Hi/neutral/low, the low is 4.3x1 reduction, the 3rd shifter is for the second low, of 2.72x1

When either of the two shifters is in "Low" and the secondary "Low" is engaged, my final low :looney:ratio is 11.7x1

Wow that's wild. While I was SLIGHTLY exaggerating about newly discovering my transfer case, I wasn't lying about the newbie part. I'm going to spend the rest of my afternoon reading about playing with multiple sticks.

Which one of y'all has a 'reamer' for these dang 'one ton' tie rod ends?
My pitman arm needs a reamin!

I can't wait for the day I have 5 shifters in my Xj!!!!!! I get butterfly's every time I see that pic Scott posted!
One for the trans
One for the rail shifter
One for the planetary/reduction housing, whatever it is
One for front axle
One for rear axle
Don't forget the cutting brakes!

Which one of y'all has a 'reamer' for these dang 'one ton' tie rod ends?
My pitman arm needs a reamin!

I bet Darrell has one.

Don't forget the cutting brakes!

I bet Darrell has one.

Oh, yeah! Cutting brake would be cool too!

And I'll bet your right, didn't even think about Darrell, just talked to him for like 2 hours Friday. He's just a couple miles from me so I'll check with him

Adam, if I can't get one closer I'll have to figure out the logistics, thanks!

Well maybe we can meet sometime?

I'll pm you

Back