• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP241OR swap problem

nightkrawler

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i installed the Rubi transfer case, no problem. my problem is how do i hook up the speed sensor. the one i have from the rubi is a lot smaller and i need to resolve this problem quick. i did some searching but couldn't find anything. can anyone help?

sorry about that. 1996 cherokee aw4. i swaped out the 231 for the rubi 241or the problem is w/the aw4 tranny the rear speed senor is imprtant for trans shifting, the sensor on the rubi tranfer case is a hall effects design, is smaller than the one from the 231 and of course the connectors are different. i guess what i really want to know is can i just splice in the rubi sensor to the aw4 harness and will it work, or is there something else i need to do? thanks for your help.

You will need the male connector from any newer Jeep that runs that style VSS. I got mine off a TJ in a wrecking yard. Splice in the three wires and it works. Wire colors probably wont match exactly. Center wire on both harnesses is the ground. My 95 XJ has a Orange and White power wire and that was the same color on the Plug that I was splicing in.

I did the same swap on my '94. Just as rockslut said, once you connect the 3 wires you're good to go. The only problem I had was speedo calibration. Had to buy Superlifts speedo calibration unit ($175). Mine was off by 17%. You can probably get by if it's only a few % off. Can't fool that ole computer.

ROKTAXI said:
I did the same swap on my '94. Just as rockslut said, once you connect the 3 wires you're good to go. The only problem I had was speedo calibration. Had to buy Superlifts speedo calibration unit ($175). Mine was off by 17%. You can probably get by if it's only a few % off. Can't fool that ole computer.
oh i know i'm ganna have a problem with calibration. i'll be running 38" boggers. as far as speedo being correct.......i can live with it for a while. will it affect transmission shifting?

i swap swap a 92 aw4 and 04 rock trac in to my 89 chrokee. i have no idea how fast im going but the tran shift fine. i dont see what your problem is

How much does NP-241OR usualy run? Are they hard to get? How hard was the installing? Sorry for the question. Thanks guys.

Ouch!!!!! That hurts... I was hoping around the 1000$ Range. Oh well Ill add that to my wish book.

Back