• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Not to be mean...

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
But the blowhard next door pulled up out front and was showing off and bragging about his new S type Jag he just got. I was reading the train schedule, bailing out early to beat the race traffic home pocono 500 weekend, and he asked me if I could afford one, I mean WTF, what kind of question is that, I looked and said 'nice tarus, is that an SVO, I didn't know they made them anymore'. I really was not paying attention and made an honest mistake.... boy did he get upset.

Thats one of those unintentional insults that couldn't have worked better if you had planned it. Good way to let the wind out of his sails :cheers:

Ah ha ha ha... what an arsewipe... Kinda reminds me of 'Fun with Dick and Jane' when they're comparing cars... but seriously, who asks their neighbor that kind of question? There's just some questions in life you don't ask people... especially your neighbor. Do you have a dog? Maybe you should get some poo and smear it on the underside of his door handles so when he goes to open the car door next time... he gets a little chocolate surprise.

My next door neighbor walked over to give me the tour of his new van. Blah, Blah, Blah, to listen to him tell it, his would break the sound barrier and use little fuel while doing it.
Then he made a mistake and asked me when I was going to trade in the old rust bucket. I said, when I can afford to buy 15 of these for the price you paid for one of those, why retire my old wheels. In the meantime I'll keep on driving mine, likely long after yours is on the scrap heap.
It was fun to watch him slowly deflate.

That is good work Rich, I was trying to come up with something clever to add to it...but you said all that needed to be said...touche'

If it's not an E-Type he should just keep his big fly trap shut. Maybe an XJ Jag, just because it's designated 'XJ' :D In this case, you did right.

I work with several guy's with ricers and whenever they make fun of my "rust bucket" I like to remind them I can and might park on their hood if they want to continue.

RichP said:
But the blowhard next door pulled up out front and was showing off and bragging about his new S type Jag he just got. I was reading the train schedule, bailing out early to beat the race traffic home pocono 500 weekend, and he asked me if I could afford one, I mean WTF, what kind of question is that, I looked and said 'nice tarus, is that an SVO, I didn't know they made them anymore'. I really was not paying attention and made an honest mistake.... boy did he get upset.

He got upset - but it's an understandable "mistake" - Jag has been Ford for several years - and people like that just need to be deflated from time to time.

Ease your conscience - he was probably due. My response is usually more like "If I park next to you, whose rig will get stolen first? Besides, for what you shell out for one payment, I've got my insurance covered for a full year..."

That usually works fairly well also.

yeah i got a guy here at work that drives a crapalier and he said he is going to pop my tires. I tell him right back if he wants a flattend car to drive home then do it :):hang:

RichP said:
\

You got it right...just an overpriced Ford since they own most of Jag anyhow.

You should tell him this gay guy you work with likes them just as much as he does, and that you can set them up together.

That'll shut'em up.

:laugh: good one!

The friend of one of my bosses used to sell Jaguars, Jaguar's upper management want the name to be pronounced "Jag-U-Are" when they answered the phones and well.....you know how customers of that class of car can be......... One time he said to the receptionist;
Wouldn't you love to answer that phone "Hello, what a Jag You Are"
She agreed:laugh:

Hm, sounds like somebody is hitting his "mid-life crisis". Oh well. Once a Loser, always a Yuppie.

Nuts. Got that backwards: it is supposed to be: Once a Yuppie, always a Loser.

While I love the Taurus response the best is yet to come.... Can you afford it? Take a look at the 30 and 60,000 mile services :laugh3: . Many a Jag owner trades or sells when they hit the marks and realize all those payments just lead to more. They like to keep the economy rolling I guess.

Running Project said:
yeah i got a guy here at work that drives a crapalier and he said he is going to pop my tires. I tell him right back if he wants a flattend car to drive home then do it :):hang:
geez dude u piss in his cereal or somthing

Back