• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NorthwesFest to do list

Not enough time to do what I want, so what needs to be done:

New downpipe and reposition O2 sensor.
Windshield wiper motor.
Prep to go.

Red letters and a little maintenance and I should be good to go.....if work doesn't send me on more boondoggles

I have just a few things to finish up on the xj and trailer then its on to duramax mods, new LT exhaust manifold, turbo direct pipe and gauges. and I have to change a oil hub seal on the trailer.
11027523_10200477178329218_2956014311898237_n.jpg

Just got to figure out why my track bar mount bolts keep working their way loose, throw it on a trailer and go!

Jeeping...the place where the todo list grows.

1. convert front to crossover steering (tired of tie rod roll)
2. Fix or replace track bar system that keeps working the body side mount loose
3. Figure out what's wrong with the temp gauge on the tow rig
4. Pack
5. Trailer
6. Wheeling!

I got the gauges installed and working and the trans oil changed , the manifold done and the direct pipe also.I do have a transfer case rear drive shaft seal that is leaking still, but I think I will put that one off again and mabe fix it after summer.
11146494_10200515617650177_2634942309953210748_n.jpg
10986508_10200515617490173_1801469257086646870_n.jpg

I got the gauges installed and working and the trans oil changed , the manifold done and the direct pipe also.I do have a transfer case rear drive shaft seal that is leaking still, but I think I will put that one off again and mabe fix it after summer.
11146494_10200515617650177_2634942309953210748_n.jpg
10986508_10200515617490173_1801469257086646870_n.jpg

That first pic had me confused for a second lol thinking you straight up added a turbo to your jeep lol.

1) New windshield wiper motor

2) New Battery

3) New brakes

4) New downpipe so I can get the Primary O2 sensor raised.

5) Get winch wired up (probably won't happen)

Everything else is secondary, except for one thing...
Still have to finish my thesis project proposal, my thesis literature review, two weeks of random assignments, a hooding ceremony, and commencement.

Gonna be a fun :)confused1) month.

Last edited:
1.) replace motor mounts with the brown dog ones just ordered
2.) find rear wiper arm from junkyard
3.) try to change college class schedule so I can actually attend. :mad:

Find out what im running for rear brakes on new rear d44
wait on bushings for new front d30
install arb compressor and run air lines to front and rear lockers
finish track bar install
sye install and driveline
optional if time is there: frame stiffys install and build sliders

still deciding but I think I might want to do this

1. renew membership
2. replace CPS
3. Install SYE Transfer case
4. Buy and install leaf spring
5. Buy and install shackle re locators and shackles
6. Install Rear D44
7. Buy Claytons
8. install Front D44 with longs arms and other goodies sitting in my pile
9. Install WJ steering pump
10. buy winch bumper and install
11. Install tires
12. add armor
13 buy beer for NWfest

Out, i'll try to make it out for a weekend later this summer. hopefully this time next year I will have my Elio and be able to build both jeeps

1) New windshield wiper motor
Check!

2) New Battery
Check!

3) New brakes
Hopefully Tuesday, Wednesday.

4) New downpipe so I can get the Primary O2 sensor raised.
Check!

5) Get winch wired up (probably won't happen)
Check! Still need to ground one wire.

6) Replace factory doors with tubed. Check!

7) Pick up missing shackles and shop a new portable air compressor. CO2 tanks take up too much space for this weekend. Previous OBA was taken out due to structural issues.

Been a busy weekend (yes, it is the end of my weekend). Nice to have a 16 year old with the ambition to help out and brainstorm stuff that just will not work. With his available boredom and summer break, we even got some stuff done on the Mustang.

Everything else is secondary, except for one thing...
Still have to finish my thesis project proposal, my thesis literature review, two weeks of random assignments, a hooding ceremony, and commencement.
Check!

Gonna be a fun :)confused1) month.

Thesis ... you in grad school? For what? I only ask because I am as well, and its a constant nightmare balancing that with kids, wife, rig, etc. Ugh ....

Applied Information Management @ University of Oregon (Go Ducks!). It's a Hybrid between an MBA and an MIS. Done in March '16 (taking summer off this year).

Congrats on your soon to be graduation!

Thank you.
It's so close, but I am so terrified. The project I am working on is over my head.

One day at a time

Back