• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Noob lift install

Stumpalump said:
Get a short pipe to fit over your breaker bar. Re think your jackstands everytime you really have to push or pull hard. Are they solid and not rocking? Are they on solid ground? Throw your spare under the jeep to at least make body recovery easier. Be safe first and go slow. About a thousand folks here have run into every problem you will run into and most will help so ask any step of the way if you are not positive of whats happining. What shims are you talking about?

I like that spare tire idea, gonna do that next time. I've had jacks and jackstands almost fall over before, luckily i wasn't under it at the same time, but a little peace of mind would be nice.

Re: It is done!

bl87xj said:
Thanks to the NAXJA forum support, it is all done.

Concerns:
1) at full lock, the 215-75-15's are really close to the sway bar link hardware. May need to think about wheels with those tires?

2)Front brake hoses seemed more than long enough. I remounted in existing holes. I did just have them replaced, maybe they are longer than stock. I will keep an eye on them.

3)The rear end looks to be about an 1" higher than the front. Just enough to give it a bit of a rake. Hopefully it settles in, I do not want to break the front end down again just to stick in spacer.

4) It is apparently going to take me a few attempts at track bar adjustment to get the steering wheel centered. Thought I had it twice, but still just a bit off.

Thanks for all the replies it did help knowing if I got stuck I could post up on Naxja and find a solution.

1) yea, get some steelies, they are cheap, pretty tough, and you can get them backspaced so the wheels will stick out to your preferred track width, and to your preferred distance away from your arms.

2) the more brake line the better [ok, up to a point] gives you room to flex

3) load the rear with some weight, cement bags, something like that. it will settle in time.

4) trial and error my friend, trial and error

Travis

Back