• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No front swaybar

Use a JKS on the front. Unless Ya tow something. Rip the rear sway off and use it for yard Art to mount your Mail Box to.

elephantrider1 said:
ju7mug.jpg

How about just shortening the disconnects, so that it is all in-line. You've got that kink in there, and that is what's hitting the coil.

bj-666 said:
instead of putting the u shaped piece under the sway bar and the bolt going down into the disco slide the u shaped part over the sway bar so the sway bar is inside then put the bolt thru (you will have to have just the u shaped portion seperate whe you bolt it up )

what he said

Well took the whole sway bar off tonight and i'm just going to leave it off. So if someone needs the jks quicker disconnects $50 and they are yours. Need a bolt for top piece cause they are bent but thats $2 at napa

they should only be threaded out about two inches. Yours are maxed out and then about another inch or two. That's why they're adjustable, so you can adjust them.

I took my front sway bar off and it really helped with the off road manners of my XJ alot and in a straight line does ride smoother however, cornering on the street is not a high speed evolution anymore. I do tow things without it and also am usally about 80 mph with no probs just have to ensure there are no sharp turns. LOL!!
have fun
DANNY

JKSustrap.jpg

This is on a TJ, Tj's use the part UNDER. READ directions, XJ's may require the end of the sway bar to be under/inside the "saddle".

frntcomp1.jpg

Like this....
CW

Last edited:
i'll take'em.
elephantrider1 said:
Well took the whole sway bar off tonight and i'm just going to leave it off. So if someone needs the jks quicker disconnects $50 and they are yours. Need a bolt for top piece cause they are bent but thats $2 at napa

Been runnning mine with 6" lift and no sway bars at all for 2 or so years now. Drove from Az to Ky with them off and would never go back. It does take getting used to. Good Luck Jeff

How many of you guys not running swaybars are also running a LA setup? I just installed RE LA's and find i need to reinstall the swaybar.

The conversion from short arms and DB's to the LA's seem to have brought on more body roll than i remember....using the same coils/shocks. Anyone else experiencing this?

I am running TNT LA' and no front Swaybar, Took mine off when I went to highsteer. The Body role with my 5150 shocks tooks some getting used too, but nothing you can't deal with.

Hell it's not a sports car no need to drive it like one.

BTW I have a set of Teraflex Swaybar relocation brackets I am not going to use now. ;)

i don't get it are you guys just lazy or somethign. i mean how hard is it unclip the discos. sure the thing drives fine without the sway bar feels a little wierd in corners and all but what about and emergency manuver at highway speed. how many times have you had to whip it a land over to avoid and accident. without a swaybar highway evasive manuvers turn into a VERY dangerous situation.

bj-666 said:
i don't get it are you guys just lazy or somethign. i mean how hard is it unclip the discos. sure the thing drives fine without the sway bar feels a little wierd in corners and all but what about and emergency manuver at highway speed. how many times have you had to whip it a land over to avoid and accident. without a swaybar highway evasive manuvers turn into a VERY dangerous situation.

Exactly why i feel i need to reinstall my swaybar! Hell, i'v driven to Maine and back several times without the swaybar....but always felt uneasy about it. Now as i stated it seems to have a bit more body roll and i'm not at all comfortable pushing my luck anymore.

It has nothing to do with wanting a sports car....and everything to do with keeping myself and passengers along with other motorists (which may be friends/family of others here) safer also. Maybe i'm just getting older.... :laugh3:

bj-666 said:

Maybe yours work better than mine did, but my first (and only!) trip with em I held up the whole group a half hour trying to get the damn things disco'd. Ended up just unbolting them. At the end of the day, I wasn't about to make everybody wait while I figgered how to reattach, so I drove home without. I've never hooked it back up.

I used to drive with the bar hooked up and a 33" spare on the roofrack. Now I've lost the bar, and put the tire inside. The rig is significantly MORE stable now than before, ie: the tire on the roof was more "dangerous" than the lack of a sway bar.

Yes, your jeep will handle differently (less stable) without the bar. But we do all kinds of things to our jeeps that can and do change the handling. Not the least of which would be the lift itself.

Anybody gonna argue that any lifted jeep is too dangerous for the street?

Robert

bj-666 said:
i feel the same way, and i only have a 2" bb and don't like the body roll I get with out a sway bar.

Those of you driving without a swaybar of any sort, I hope your not on the road when I am, or are putting it back on. "It feels better, etc. etc."...BS, put it back on, its there for a DAMN good reason. Driving home the other night from Calico I am amazed mine didnt roll. I had to pull an emergency manuever that damn near rolled my XJ. Had it not been for the defensive driving classes I took, im pretty sure i'de be worse for wear. If I HAD a swaybar on the front at the time (which I have been trying to get done for a while now, and it just got stepped up to project numero uno), it wouldnt have been so bad. But since I didn't have the swaybar, only my passenger's side tire was touching the ground for most of it(whole rear end came off the ground, etc.). I am not meaning to be an a$$hole, im just being extremely blunt. Driving without one is just plain ignorant if you have much lift at all. Those in stock jeeps, I can see it not being so bad. But when you are running the average 33's or so with 3.5" of lift+...to me its just kind or a Darwin/Murphy thing waiting to happen.

Budro74 said:
Swaybars are for girls and guys named Sally.

That's a good way to get started in a club Budro74. First post and you are calling hundreds of guys girls. I do believe that most members on here run swaybars. I guess you are a member of a club full of girls.

Hey! My name IS Sally.

Back