• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newish from Allen,Tx.

pavester

NAXJA Forum User
Well I know most of y'all don't know me but I'm back with a new to me '94 xj.

Its a '94 4.0 4x4 2dr sport. Mileage is high around 175k but runs pretty much perfect. Only aftermarket is the brush guard.

First thing to fix/isolate the cause is the smoking. At idle it tends to smoke from the tailpipe. Burning oil/leak somewhere? No check engine lights or anything.

705161_10151352833954282_1530977501_o.jpg

Plan of action
change all the fluids(motor/trans/transfer/front/rear diffs/coolant flush)
fix the driver door(previous owner let the door go while it was windy and it crunched the fender and door hinge.) remove all the old tint drivers seat is sagging from the old owner getting in /out.
New radio since the old one was stolen months back.

Then find the loveing rattling bullpoo I hear whenever I hit a bump. Sounds like a pole with washers on it getting shaken

I know you

400,000 miles is high for an XJ, not 175K, LOL.

Welcome back.

Welcome

needs moar meaty tires

in time, trying to get it up to speed with fixing some stuff on it, driver door is ****ed from the previous owner letting it go on a windy day which ****ed the fender up too. rattles like crazy in the back, get some white smoke at idle etc etc.

If you ever want help working on your rig, shoot me a message. Im not far from Allen and enjoy working on stuff in my garage. :)

Welcome Back. BTW I own a 2 door as well. I tried welding the door hinges once but got nothing but popcorn from the welder I borrowed. I am no master welder either I just thought I would give it a try. I need to remove the door, grind up and clean the area and re-weld.

Back