• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie here

Ericjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Long time jeeper. I have owned cjs most of my driving life. I have a 1979 cj5 cut and stretched 10 inches with a 360 bored 60 over. with a T 19 and a dana 20, with 456 gears and detroits.
But that is not the trouble jeep.
I bought a 1986 Mj with a 2.5 TBI. It has sat for almost a year, ran when he parked it. It will run if I pour fuel in the carb,. The fuel pump pumps pressure up to the TB. But the injector is not recieveing a pulse. I hooked a noid light up and nothing. One side of the connector is getting battery voltage at key on for the one second then while cranking. But the other side stays at 3.5 +-
All connections appear good.
The clutch master cylinder has leaked onto the fuse box. But I do not see any fuses relating to IGNITION or INJECTOR> Should I replace all the fuses in the fuse box and spray the block good with electrical contact cleaner?
I bought the truck for my 16 year old son. and would like to get it running.
Thanks in advance. Eric from Indiana

I would pull that box and replace all the fuses. There could be some bad connections on the back that you can't see.

Ok I replaced all fuses with new ones. and I sprayed the fues box thouroughly with eletronic terminal cleaner. Nothing changed. \
Everything on the jeep works except. no pulse to the fuel injector. Any one have any ideas as to where to start?

Back