• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New toy, 98 2dr

warrior

Member#224
Just picked up this XJ. It's in pretty good shape, no rust, one ding on the pass door and power everything with all the factory skid plates. It looks like it has a factory trans cooler too. My planes are to take the D44 and hp30 and front lift from my MJ and put them under the XJ. Im also thinking about a TNT long arm upgrade and some RE rear springs. John
IM000583.jpg

IM000581.jpg

I haven't decided If I going to sell it, but I'm going to return it back to stock or close to it. It only has 56k and no rust or dents and it's to nice to take it offroad. I'm not going to worried about body damage on the XJ.

Just an update on my progress. I've removed the D44 from the Comanche and reinstalled the stock D35. I mocked up the D44 under the XJ with the RE 4.5" springs and 1.5" shackles. I'll weld in the spring pads after I set the drive shaft angle. It's taller than I expected but I'll have to see how the front RE 5.5" spring come out. I might have to lower the rear with different shackles and trim out the RE spring pads. Next step will be installing the TNT long arm skid and weld in the frame stiffeners. Anyone looking for a rust free dent free low mileage great daily driver MJ, I'm gonna let it go. Here's some crummy pics.

IM000642.jpg

IM000647.jpg

IM000646.jpg

lookin good, very nice!

I would like to get $3700.00, but I'm open to offers. I have more pics if needed.

Oh man, come on John, you can't sell that MJ. You don't still have the Ruby do you? Don't you need a truck to haul things around??:D

The back does look tall on the XJ, are the RE shackles a boomerang-style or a straight shackle?

Looks good, any ETA for when you'll have it ready for a test-run yet?

A.

Oh man, come on John, you can't sell that MJ. You don't still have the Ruby do you? Don't you need a truck to haul things around??:D

The back does look tall on the XJ, are the RE shackles a boomerang-style or a straight shackle?

Looks good, any ETA for when you'll have it ready for a test-run yet?

A.
Rubi is gone, it was for sale for almost seven mounths, then I returned it to stock and it was sold in two weeks. I sold most of the lift kit on ebay and I'm keeping the 33's. I hate to sell the MJ but I don't drive it enough, No room for the family.
I did get the RE boomerang shackles, maybe I'll try some Comanche shackles, I think the stock XJ shackles will be to short. I wonder if I tork down the u-bolts if it will lower it a bit? they are only snugged down right now.
As for ETA, I still need to do a SYE and driveshaft and make some rockrails and do some bumpers but I could test it out before I make them.

2 spoiled daughters, 1/2 a bottle of Louisiana Hot Sauce and a Van Halen hanky? I have pics if needed.

:jester:

Best of luck John.

Deal still valid if I found you a nice MJ? :dunno::gee:

You couldnt give me a NE rig, learned my lesson. :)

Seriously, someone has a golden opportunity to grab a beauty of an MJ here. If i werent laid off i'd be thinking seriously on this.

It does look nice, most definitely.

And fwiw, my XJ (in the process of going MJ style :)) is from Cali, not a spot of rust :) Just dents

A good deal for sure. I saw it a couple of days ago when I bought a lift off of him. If I had the extra cash I would snatch it up in a heartbeat. It surprised me for how clean and rustfree it was, being from the NE and all. Why not put it up on craigslist?

side note - how much you looking to get for those trailmaster coils? :D

Just a quick update on my SLOW progress. The Comanche is back to stock, and I think it looks , well cute. I took it on a shake down ride on Monday, I went over to Quadratec to get some parts and it rides like new. On the XJ I got the lift adjusted to where I want it, welded in the frame stiffeners and got the tail shaft conversion and drive shaft installed. I also replaced the brake line to the rear wheels, it was rusted and looked like it was ready to go. I just got the TNT skid installed and hope to finish the front this weekend. Once that's done I can set the drive shaft angle and weld in the rear spring pads, but I still have lots of little things to do.
IM000660.jpg

IM000677.jpg

IM000674.jpg

IM000668.jpg

IM000655-1.jpg

IM000670-1.jpg

Back