• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Project, PC XJ

Thayer said:
Looks nice. I like your Garmin mount location too. Is that big black table part have a storage compartment inside?

There is no storage underneath the mount. It is so thick because the mechaniscs of it sliding in and out to make it universal.

I actually dont use the Garmin for the laptop. That is what I used before the laptop. I keep it there so it stays charged and accessable when I step out of the Jeep. I use the Delorme Earthmate USB GPS. You can see it in the reflection of the wind shield on the dash. It does 3D fix so I can use it with the TOPO 3D program.

Gojeep said:
Was just wondering about that too and why it is so thick? Can it be easily removed when not using it and then bend the pegs out of the way?

The pegs can be removed easily, but with the top half of the mount removed it dosent leave to much of a footprint.

I do however need to secure it a little better it shakes a little off road, but thats to be expected.

Did you ever set the laptop up with the Renix data stream using DeltaDash? If so how did you do it? What, where and how? I would love to set one of my laptops up with the Renix.....
:sunshine:
Ecomike

Back