• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Pics of My first JEEP PROJECT

XJ Stryker said:
LOL my wife even got on to me for writing that in the thread.
She has grown to like the woodgrain also

Tomorrow i am heading to cincinatti to look at a Waggie for her.

NA NA NA.... Waggie for her. NA NA NA :dunce:

Got her a Waggie now. Haggled him down too 7 hundred bucks due to about 50 oil leaks but it made it home from cinci. Took it up to 65 once or twice on flat road and it drove great. Needs a power sterring pump. Valve cover gasket first then i will have to clean it up and see where the rest of the oil leaks are.

Should I create a thread of this one also. ye or nay

Ya def keep posting pics and updates please! It makes me wana get off my a$$ and actually fix all the bugs on my XJ.

bwfdrums said:
Ya def keep posting pics and updates please! It makes me wana get off my a$$ and actually fix all the bugs on my XJ.

Glad to be of assisstance i am gonna go alot slower this time since i found out about autozone rewards. Every time i spend 20 bucks i get a point. Only one point a day can be earned. Any every time you get 5 points you get 20 bucks on your card... YEAH. So today i bought a gallon of oil a filter and an air filter.

Gonna seafoam the engine and change the oil since the guy said he NEVER changed the oil in it and had it for a year.

Nice to hear you got another waggy:)
yeah, I spend so much in checkers I now get a decent discount. the counter guy asked
what company I owned and I was like ???? so he explained that I got the biggest of the discounts on my file so I must own a company and doing alot of business with checkers. The look on his face was priceless when I said "naw, just building a jeep!"

Start this off with Andy Rock climbing in my front yard

DSC03087.jpg

Alright back to posted on my jeep

Ok i removed the valve cover of my jeep it is a pretty simple process you have to remove like 20 some odd 10 mill bolts and then 3 connections that hold the injector power cord. They just pull straight up on them

And you have to remove this thing to get the cover off. Educate me cause i have no clue what it is but it take 3 5/16 screws

DSC03098.jpg

Either way I got that damn valve cover off and realized the PO never changed his oil i guess nothing but thick sludge

DSC03088.jpg

DSC03090.jpg

DSC03089.jpg

So i removed all the lifters and crossover braces. 13mm removes them

Numbered 12 bags and dropped them in there.

DSC03095.jpg

I added the crossover brace with a zip tie tied to the front hole and dropped them into the bags also. The zip tie will keep me from getting confused which way they go

DSC03096.jpg

Never imagined having that much sludge but it explains my 20psi oil pressure.

Went ahead and pulled the drain plug and emptied the oil and took the filter off and the oil filter adapter.

DSC03097.jpg

Tomorrow I am taking all this shit to work to clean it up.

Looks like I may also be dropping the oil pan tomorrow too.... UGH!!!

poor 4.0..

yummy, kinda looks like the crude oil you see seeping from the ground here.

ladywolf said:
yummy, kinda looks like the crude oil you see seeping from the ground here.

I see your in Northern Iraq. I just moved from Fort Lewis, Wa. I supported the 2/3 inf Battalion of 3rd brigade 2nd ID. (Stryker Brigade) I was in Mosul, Iraq from Jun 06 till Dec 06 then spent the rest of my tour at Camp Striker in Baghdad. Should be starting to get pretty toasty there now. Good luck to ya. So what brigade are you with?:peace:

XJ Stryker said:
I see your in Northern Iraq. I just moved from Fort Lewis, Wa. I supported the 2/3 inf Battalion of 3rd brigade 2nd ID. (Stryker Brigade) I was in Mosul, Iraq from Jun 06 till Dec 06 then spent the rest of my tour at Camp Striker in Baghdad. Should be starting to get pretty toasty there now. Good luck to ya. So what brigade are you with?:peace:

i'm with 4/6 air cav (so technically no BDE unless u want to count me attached to CAB 1ID), however before we deployed we somehow managed to fall under the NG....now its an MP BDE (GOD HELP US)

Stryker isnt bad, i used to fly in there fairly often for medevac pickup the last trip. today it was 117 out about 1430.

XJ Stryker said:
I Remember those days... Ugh don't worry before you know it you will be back home and Iraq will just be a memory again. Been there twice got some great memories and some bad. Good luck and stay safe.

yea this is the 3rd (and hopefully final) for me. i still have till aug/sept timeframe.

Damn Motor mounts are a pain in the ass if you have never done them before.

I got them done finally. Got one busted knuckle and a FAT finger. But that step is done. It needed it one was worn down pretty good and the other one was broke in half.

No pics this time it was too messy to touch my camera. But i have now learned the secrets to them the hard way.

XJ Stryker said:
GOT SOME TIRES :party:

And they match

Pictures coming up soon!!!

Thanks Jason

What size are they? The white spokes give it a cool, old school look. 15x7 white spoke?

Keep up the good work.

Okay so I think i finally got it pretty clean gonna slap the valve cover back on tonight and take a few pics again. Finished putting the tranny mount in. Crossmember was hell to line back up to alot of persuasion. One broken bolt on crossmember now. All ready drilled through it and still wont turn so am thinking I will just run a self tapping screw with a washer through too hold it. Still waiting to find a reasonable prices rear hitch somewhere.

XJ Stryker said:
Just ordered both my lift kits... would anyone be interested in coming down for a lifting party. Thinking 17 May weekend... if I can wait that long. Let me know if anyone may be interested.

What lift kits did you order? The '87 looks good with 30/950R15 tires. Once the lift is installed, will you be upsizing the tires or are you just making more room to flex?

My '88 is getting such good gas mileage that I hate to lift it. Seems like if you don't run at least 33" tires, you can't keep up with the pack.

I am not gonna be doing a lot of wheeling and everyone says that once you start all you wanna do is go bigger so I started of with 3in Rough Country. I think it will look fine with 30's for now. They gave me a hell of a deal for 2 lift kits with full packs so i couldn't pass it up.

Back