• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New "National" Jeep ad

cserou

NAXJA Forum User
I may have lost my mind, but I noticed that the "National" Dodge, Christler, Jeep commercials for the new JK Unlimited picture a woman driving the Jeep in the city. As my understanding goes, the advertisements of the past that pictured Jeeps going offroad made it illegal for the company to void a warranty because of legal off-road use (but not necessarily modifications). Is this true? If so, what are the inplications? Obviously it will not matter for XJ's, but it makes me nervous about the future of the Jeep brand's association with off-road and outdoor activities.

I'm pretty sure that for nearly the entire female half of the population Wranglers were never about going off road anyways, but looking cool at the mall.

I wouldn't really worry except that it will suck ten years from now when all the XJ's are rust-buckets and I will have to buy a Toyota because Jeep stopped making decent 4WD's.

I wouldn't really worry except that it will suck ten years from now when all the XJ's are rust-buckets and I will have to buy a Toyota because Jeep stopped making decent 4WD's.

They already have, the last one was the 2001 XJ.

Now the comercial with the gals getting their hair done up and then driving around town with the top down? That's truth in advertizing.

Well it's not like you're going to attract to many cheerleaders showing a dirty, dusty woman with messed up hair changing a tire she just rolled off the bead.

Why in the hell is this in the political discussion section?
Because Jeep belongs to Chrysler.
Chrysler got a bailout from the Govt.
So their crappy advertising is obviously the fault of George Bush. :dunce:

As crappy as the ads look to us, I honestly think they will move some Wranglers.

Yea they will. My dad mister I hate jeeps is actually considering a 4 door to tow behind the motorhome. After years of me telling him the jeep is the best and easyest to flat tow that I know of. :doh:

Yea they will. My dad mister I hate jeeps is actually considering a 4 door to tow behind the motorhome. After years of me telling him the jeep is the best and easyest to flat tow that I know of. :doh:

Once he gets it, you'll have to convince him that bigger tires and a lift will improve tire wear and towing because of the better suspension!

I may have lost my mind, but I noticed that the "National" Dodge, Christler, Jeep commercials for the new JK Unlimited picture a woman driving the Jeep in the city. As my understanding goes, the advertisements of the past that pictured Jeeps going offroad made it illegal for the company to void a warranty because of legal off-road use (but not necessarily modifications). Is this true? If so, what are the inplications? Obviously it will not matter for XJ's, but it makes me nervous about the future of the Jeep brand's association with off-road and outdoor activities.
Chances are they could void the warranty for off-road use before. Mitsubishi has been voiding people's warranties for taking their Evos to the track and racing them. Nissan did the same with the GT-R.

Chances are they could void the warranty for off-road use before. Mitsubishi has been voiding people's warranties for taking their Evos to the track and racing them. Nissan did the same with the GT-R.

That is competition use. Most of our off road use is actually on what is legally considered roads so they have no standing, same as how your insurance provider cannot deny you if you roll it.

BTW - I don't care what Jeep ads feature, if it moves product it does what it's designed to do. All this talk about how Jeep is dying because their advertising is targeting women who obviously won't wheel because they're chicks is nothing more than pathetic sexism anyway!

That is competition use. Most of our off road use is actually on what is legally considered roads so they have no standing, same as how your insurance provider cannot deny you if you roll it.

BTW - I don't care what Jeep ads feature, if it moves product it does what it's designed to do. All this talk about how Jeep is dying because their advertising is targeting women who obviously won't wheel because they're chicks is nothing more than pathetic sexism anyway!
You can go to the track for a fun day, non-competition usage. Sports car clubs do it fairly regularly.

The more product they push out the door today, the more we'll have to pick from when they're ten to twenty years old. The best used vehicles to buy are under-used, but generally well-cared-for vehicles, of which the XJ is a fine example. They seem to have been built to last through the time that the original purchaser cared to keep them, and with proper care and feeding, have been known to last until the second and third owners are tired of them too. That's more than can be said of most of the crap the car companies have been pedalling since the Seventies.

Back