• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Here

Method

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so Im new on this forum. Ive done some light offroading over on the eastern side of the state in my '00 xj sport... I say light but i think it contributed to me needing new u-joints and balance being way off causing a death wobble... while I had my trailer attached... scared the hell outta me. Anyway, Im wanting to start working on my jeep slowly to get it to a decent off road rig. I want larger tires... but I dont want a huge lift. Just after xmas I was involved with a minor ice induced fender bender messed up one of my plastic bumper ends... so Im thinking about upgrading to a tube bumper of some kind. The accident also ripped a half dollar sized gouge out of the fiberglass front clip (part around the headlights) not to deep but it is needing to be worked on... I'll probably just go to a junkyard and see if I can buy one from them off a silver xj. Anyway, thats me and my jeep... besides a couple other quirks like turn signals and a/c not cooling that I read could be the low pressure switch off cars.com. Id like to start doing a bit more offroading with my jeep. Right now Im sticking mroe to my dirtbike because thats cheaper to fix... figured if I started making my jeep more a 4x4 rig it wouldnt break becuase of a little 4x'ing

Method said:
Ok, so Im new on this forum. Ive done some light offroading over on the eastern side of the state in my '00 xj sport... I say light but i think it contributed to me needing new u-joints and balance being way off causing a death wobble... while I had my trailer attached... scared the hell outta me. Anyway, Im wanting to start working on my jeep slowly to get it to a decent off road rig. I want larger tires... but I dont want a huge lift. Just after xmas I was involved with a minor ice induced fender bender messed up one of my plastic bumper ends... so Im thinking about upgrading to a tube bumper of some kind. The accident also ripped a half dollar sized gouge out of the fiberglass front clip (part around the headlights) not to deep but it is needing to be worked on... I'll probably just go to a junkyard and see if I can buy one from them off a silver xj. Anyway, thats me and my jeep... besides a couple other quirks like turn signals and a/c not cooling that I read could be the low pressure switch off cars.com. Id like to start doing a bit more offroading with my jeep. Right now Im sticking mroe to my dirtbike because thats cheaper to fix... figured if I started making my jeep more a 4x4 rig it wouldnt break becuase of a little 4x'ing

Take a look through the modified tech forums and read as differnet threads as you can. You'll learn a ton and avoid the mistakes others have suffered. On the West side of the state I would recommend rocker armor as the first thing. I think it is still near the top on your side.
Welcome! Hope you like this sport!

Welcome, I'm fairly new here myself. The things I have learned from this site are crazy. Definitely take advantage of the largest XJ tech directory on the web!

Back