• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEW Bushwackers

I have a set of the new flares in my shop as I speak. I work at the 4Wheel parts store in Atl. The bushwacker rep contacted my about putting them on my XJ to display them for our Truckfest Show June 26 & 27. But now that I have them they are not going to work for me, to much trimmed out already and also running the thor corner armor. We have another jeep lined up to put them on. I will take some pics during the install to post up. If you are in atl area you can come the the show and see them first hand.

Which store do u work at?

I ment the green XJ that is on the back of the quadratec mag.... the one that's pictured in the first post on this thread. I'm wondering what size tires those are. Since I'm dead set on putting 35's on my XJ... and I'm really liking these new flat bushwackers. So my questions is do you think we will be able to get 35's under a XJ with the new flat style bushwackers
Thanks
Pete

Sry man I guess I was paying attention. To which quote button I hit cuz I meant that for xjdutyxj00

I ment the green XJ that is on the back of the quadratec mag.... the one that's pictured in the first post on this thread. I'm wondering what size tires those are. Since I'm dead set on putting 35's on my XJ... and I'm really liking these new flat bushwackers. So my questions is do you think we will be able to get 35's under a XJ with the new flat style bushwackers
Thanks
Pete
well, for what its worth...

looking at their installation PDF it seems to simply trim the problem areas at the front and rear of the fender opening. it doesnt take too much off of the top, these new flair actually use 2 or 3 of the stock flair holes. i rub at full flex even with 31s. i found that as soon as i removed the stock flair and inner fender that this stopped. but i had easily less than 1/2" space between the tire and the fender as it tucked up behind the ridge on the fender.

i run 31x10.50 baja claws on 4" backspacing. i dont see how you could fully flex a bigger tires WITHOUT trimming the top. now... the rear can only be trimmed so much, but i dont imagine it would be all that hard to relocate the front to fit where you want them. a little spacing or work with plastic solder and itd fit. but for that work, im not sure id drop the coin on new flairs.

figured id throw these up:
137339-lg.jpg

137339-add1-lg.jpg

and they work for 2 doors too:
137339-add4-lg.jpg

the green one looks like 33... i think 35s would be tighter in the rear. but the red one looks smaller, like 31. anyone agree, disagree? :dunno: funny thing is, i just sold my red 2 door and put baja claws on my green 4 door. ha!

If anyone is interested these are listed on 4wd's site 15% off and free shipping right now and $50 rebate through Bushwacker.

After totaling my XJ I´m planning on the next build - did anybody compare the size of wheel well you get with the new "flat style" BWs vs. the old "Cut out style"? The new one seem to offer some more room but it´s hard to tell on the photos.

I´m running 35s and they tore at the cut out BWs when fully flexed and trying to steer...

My brother has the jk versions. Heavy duty, made in the usa. Very well built. Back to the flares i will post pics when i get my set on. Hopefully i will have them soon.

I like the looks of the new bw flares. I wonder how well they will hold up off road. I think for a flare like this to work well, you would want it to be as solid as possible. They are pricey though, and don't open the wheel well up enough, in my opinion.

That dude's house needs a V8.

That is NOT my house. That's up the hill and around the corner from my house. I was at my cousin's house when I took the pic. He lives next to the pictured house. The house in the pic is owned by the city and there's some kind of program for troubled kids that's fixing the house up, then I guess it will be sold.

10 min drive for me to pick them up at 4wd hardware.
gah! must be nice! let me know when you get them!!!!!! that means mine should be shipped as well. be sure to post up in this thread too!
$361.24 shipped from 4WD in the next few hours, $50 rebate on top of that.
where are you getting this information? even with a military discount and a hook up on shipping my price was not that low. if you can prove this to me im going to call and get my bill readjusted and get some credit back.

Back