• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some serious help with driveshaft stuff

well the hacking went fine, but i went through all applicable drill bits and was left with everything dull and no store to go to. so my jeep sits taking up space until tomorrow evening

the hardest part about taking the 96+ T-case apart is the stupid outer seal that rides on the mainshaft... it is pressed on and freeken annoying...

other than that - no worries...

here was my t-case mess...

took about 4 hours to pull 2 cases apart and put them all back together, take all these pics, and learn how the t-case works...
http://www.opiebennett.com/images/Jeep/D4-ford9-swap/Day 15/np231.htm

that slip joint is way too far apart if it's sitting flat your going to break something if you wheel it like that. Why H/T? It may get rid of your bad vibes but it's going to be even weaker then the stock weak slip yoke when you get done not to mention you will spend more time and more money putting it in and fixing it after you break it than you would to put in a SYE in the first place. Unless of course it is a mall chariot then go with the H/T

bluebeast said:
that slip joint is way too far apart if it's sitting flat your going to break something if you wheel it like that. Why H/T? It may get rid of your bad vibes but it's going to be even weaker then the stock weak slip yoke when you get done not to mention you will spend more time and more money putting it in and fixing it after you break it than you would to put in a SYE in the first place. Unless of course it is a mall chariot then go with the H/T
where did you pull this info from

well after finally getting a good bit everything was a breeze. with proper tools it can probably be done in an hour and not the 2 nights it took me, but that did include 4 trips to the parts store

Back