• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some help

I say if he doesn't listen to the voice of reason and doesn't understand your hobby then go out blow up the axle and say "I told ya so." The worst that will happen really is you will break the axle and have to replace or repair it anyways and we all know not to repair a D35.

I say if he doesn't listen to the voice of reason and doesn't understand your hobby then go out blow up the axle and say "I told ya so." The worst that will happen really is you will break the axle and have to replace or repair it anyways and we all know not to repair a D35.

Then Dad says "good luck driving that Jeep with the blown axle to pickup your new one". Bad idea. Dad's always win...they're a dictatorship until you move out on your own!

Then Dad says "good luck driving that Jeep with the blown axle to pickup your new one". Bad idea. Dad's always win...they're a dictatorship until you move out on your own!

x2! Of course you could tell him you have decided to not use condoms bc its not broke and you dont need them. :cheers: J/K

Well it worked for me when I was younger. When something I predicted actually happened I looked like the smart one when I said we should do something to prevent it.

so logic didnt work i showed him 6 different threads and webpages including one from NAXJA but still no luck he even said if it breaks we will replace it with a STOCK dana 35 so breaking it wont help

so logic didnt work i showed him 6 different threads and webpages including one from NAXJA but still no luck he even said if it breaks we will replace it with a STOCK dana 35 so breaking it wont help

Did you say he was a mechanic? What kind?

well he was on a race team when he was younger now hes a firefighter and fixes cars up and sells them on the side hes kinda a jack of all trades kinda guy he knows about cars and how they work but he wanted me to keep it stock in the first place, but im bringing him to the URE meet and great so maybe you guys can help explain to him why it needs to be done

Lol my dad hates jeeps, with a passion. "They are too weak, flimsy axles" lol which is true but he wouldn't give them a chance, for years he refused to help with them, loved to tinker on my blazer and silverado, but wouldnt touch the jeep. I took him to the ECORS race at the flats last week and now he is all about it. We are going to look at an XJ on 3/4 ton ford axles tomorrow. Lol.

Anyway, if you want your 35 to die, I live close and could guarentee it happen. 8.8 involves some fab work, 8.25 is a direct bolt up and would have the same gears (easier swap for the time being) and easily done without Pops help.

the 8.8 swap is great, but you would probably need your pops help between the fab work or the re gearing. I cannot weld myself or I would help. Perk of getting my pops into it is that he is a Tool and Die maker, aka he works with CNC and all kinds of other machines, he can pretty much make whatever I need if he is willing.

That would be the perk of having friends. Ive done it, I destroyed my 35 rear in kernersville, got towed to a buddys house, drove to another buddies house and bought an 8.25 out of his parts jeep, got the new axle in and had it home before my parents were any the wiser. Told dad about it and he said "Didn't affect me, I don't care" Then he found out I used AAA to get the jeep towed... Then he was pissed Lol

Then he found out I used AAA to get the jeep towed... Then he was pissed Lol

Now to me that is dumb. AAA is for that exact reason. So you are not on the side of the road in a dangerous situation.

yea im hoping that this URE trip will convince him but who knows yet, and i may be calling you about breaking it lol.

Back