• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some help... Waaaaaaaay off topic....

Original_MudButt

NAXJA Forum User
Here's the dealio.... We moved into an upper middle class neighborhood about 8 years ago.

There's a house 4 doors down from us.......

They are mormon and their house is a total fustercluck. They have no lawn, only dirt/weeds, they have a couch on their front porch, they have broken down cars in their backyard that you can see from the street, the house hasn't had a coat of paint since the 50's. The pool has about 3 feet black water in it....

Now apparently, the roof leaks. I know because they have completely covered the house in those cheap ass blue tarps.... Covered of course, the original 50's shake roof....

Rumor has it that the bank tried to foreclose last year but the church bailed them out......

BUT, here's the real problem. Somebody over there is dealing drugs..... Can I prove it?? No.

But it's pretty obvious. Every Friday and Saturday night cars start showing up at 9-10pm. Mostly ricers. They haul ass down our street, park across from the mormon house, run inside for all of 2 minutes then run back out and tear down the street. EVERY WEEKEND. This goes on until probably 1-2am

Tonight was the last straw. The wife and I went to New Years eve dinner with some friends. As we returned, the cars were stacked 3 deep in the street. I had to flash my high beams to get them to make room for me to get by because they certainly didn't want to move. Of course all I got was hard looks from the stupid flat bills.....

Part of my dilemma is that we live in an unincorporated county neighborhood so the usual code enforcement laws don't apply.

I want to make these a$$hole's lives a living hell.....

What would you do? (LEGALLY!!!!) Thanks.

/rant.......

The best way to handle it legally is to have a talk with the local law enforcement about setting up a sting. Once they have proven that the residence is being used for illegal activities, you can see about having it declared a public nuisance and seized. Or once proven, go and talk to the bank about the illegal use. Maybe go and talk to the local Mormon church about the bad press they are going to get in the papers if they don't put an end to it. Remember to wait to talk to anybody other than the police until it has been proven.

Go vigilante bro. Kick down the door Rambo style and execute every last Joseph smith loving drug dealer in there.

Or go with the other guy's response.

Tapatalky

Only down-side of NOT living on a HOA,... A**hole neighbors.

Friends with any local law enforcement? See if you can get a cruiser to drive down the street a couple time every fri/sat night. That won't make life hell for them, but might clear out some of the rif-raf. 'Make life a little better while you find a more permanent solution.

Is your neighborhood mainly renters or owners? How well do you know your other neighbors. Anyone else on the block you can trust/work with?

X-2 on contacting the Mormon church. Explain your problem to a church elder. If they actually did get money from the church, there may be leverage to apply there. Not so much on a "bad press" angle, as the drug use/dealing angle. The Mormon religion is BIG on not polluting the body. The whole "no alcohol" thing? 'tip of the iceberg. I had a chat with a Mormon woman once. They don't even like caffeine. Recreational drugs are "right out".

Do your local police have a narc unit? They'd be interested in any info/help you could provide.

I'm not suggesting anything, but from an informational/education standpoint, a .22 CB cap fired from a long barreled(18" up) bolt action rifle makes less noise then a pellet gun. 'Never tried to see if a CB slug would penetrate a car tire, but it will take care of the "urban feral cat" problem, even if you live right next door to the fire department. Not that I would EVER try something like that,... and no, there is no particular reason I call that marlin .22 I have "the cat gun".

Last edited:
Get video of the suspicious goings on and turn it over to the police to convince them to look into further.

Turn in the noisey dangerous ricers preventing you from sleeping. Let the cops be the ones to discover the drugs. They will be so full of themselves they will shut it right down.

Get lots of photos/video. Go to your Sheriff's office and ask to speak to a Patrol commander. Make it short and sweet, but have good examples of the problems going on. If you sense lack of interest from the law, be sure to mention that you'd prefer the law handle this problem before having to go to the press.

Counties have ordinances that should cover pit-houses like that one and they have a division of law enforcement that handle things like overgrown yards, dangerous houses, and whatnot. Hell, the board of health might take exception to the living conditions represented there....... that pool is probably a breeding ground for mosquitos.

Not sure what being mormon has to do with any of this... unless (of course) you just don't like mormons.

I suggest approaching the problem like you would if you weren't aware of their religion, not showing any bigotry...

You never know, the LE you end up dealing with might be mormon too...

Being Mormon seems to be relevant since the church bailed them out.

Not every reference to a race/ Religion is a automatic sign of bigotry, read everything next time

Of course all I got was hard looks from the stupid flat bills.....

This made me lol I hate that shit... anyway sorry to hear about your predicament.

Like Darky and yella said video/ photos but you would actually have to catch something going on pics of people walking in and out isn't going to do anything. Check your county and state codes.

Report noise disturbances often it could get them caught for something else.

Not much else you can do =[

Make friends with a LEO and get them to leave their car in your driveway. who wants to buy shit with a patrol car next door. :)

Being Mormon seems to be relevant since the church bailed them out.

Not every reference to a race/ Religion is a automatic sign of bigotry, read everything next time

Let's take another look at what the OP said, shall we?

...They are mormon and their house is a total fustercluck....

...Rumor has it that the bank tried to foreclose last year but the church bailed them out...

...They haul ass down our street, park across from the mormon house, run inside for all of 2 minutes then run back out and tear down the street...

...Of course all I got was hard looks from the stupid flat bills.....

...I want to make these a$$hole's lives a living hell.....

Had the OP bothered to ask how to go about verifying "rumor" and approaching "the church" to solve his problem, I would have responded differently

I stand by my response and suggest you learn to practice what you preach.

Just saying they're mormon may or may not mean anything aside from saying what they are. Judging by him not going any deeper into the mormon thing he probably didn't mean anything by it.

Describing someone that just happens to be a minority shouldn't be offensive.

Stop crying it makes you look like a girl.

PS: Congrats on being 2011's first Tard Wars nominee.

Here's the dealio.... We moved into an upper middle class neighborhood about 8 years ago.

There's a house 4 doors down from us.......

They are mormon and their house is a total fustercluck. They have no lawn, only dirt/weeds, they have a couch on their front porch, they have broken down cars in their backyard that you can see from the street, the house hasn't had a coat of paint since the 50's. The pool has about 3 feet black water in it....

Now apparently, the roof leaks. I know because they have completely covered the house in those cheap ass blue tarps.... Covered of course, the original 50's shake roof....

Rumor has it that the bank tried to foreclose last year but the church bailed them out......
Welcome to the MWC?

I doubt a .22 CB would do anything but bounce off a tire, even at near point-blank ranges.

There are some hot air guns out there that can supposedly take wild pigs.

Breaking the law will get you in trouble and worse punishment than the lawbreakers will ever get. The "justice system" is geared to coddling criminals, whenever a citizen gets cross threaded with the law they will get the sh*tty end of the stick.

Check your local laws--it is ILLEGAL in Oregon to make an audio recording--either straight audio or video with sound--of anyone without their permission. If your laws permit it, make video tapes of the goings on, with audio if possible, with the date-time stamp function turned on. Do this without being seen. Then make an appointment with the D.A.'s office and have a viewing. Make no demands and keep your comments to yourself as much as humanly possible--let the law dudes make up their own minds.

Good luck.

I had some neighbors a few months ago that would sleep all day and then party all night in the back yard with loud music and reving motors. There are right next door to me. I put up with it for about 2 nites. I called the cops for a noise ordinance and when they came to the house, they found meth, pot, and found that 2 of them had warrants. Needless to say, they don't live next door anymore. You can also try to call the bank where the house is financed at and get the insurance info. Insurance companys don't allow any tripping hazzards and stuff in the yards and will cancel their coverage which in return will cause them a rucuss with the lender. Also call your local health department espescially if they have children there.

They are drug dealing mormons, that's a new one. I live and work in a heavy mormon populated area and never herd of mormons acting that way.

I would go to the police with documents of anything illegal that you see going on, don't make accusations though. Don't say they are dealing drugs because you have no proof. You do(can) have proof of them parking illegally and blocking the road and likely speeding and whatever else you actually See. Let the police pull one of them over and decide if drugs are an issue. Ask the police if it's a good idea to take this to the media, don't threaten them with it even if you fully intend do. Just bringing it up will show them if you don't see results you will take other action. Tell them you plan to start a neighborhood watch and you will be calling them when you do see anything illegal going on. They will not want to respond all the time but don't make that a threat either. Do follow up on it and call them when they do anything that would be seen as illegal. Get the neighbors involved so it's not one person calling in complaints. It won't happen over night just be ready for the long haul.

The ugly tarp and all the other stuff that you just don't like is tuff luck. You choose not to live in an HOA neighborhood you deal with stuff like that. Living in an HOA neighborhood has it's own issues as does not living in one. I'm sure some people wouldn't be happy to see a jeep being welded on in the driveway...

Just saying they're mormon may or may not mean anything aside from saying what they are. Judging by him not going any deeper into the mormon thing he probably didn't mean anything by it.

Describing someone that just happens to be a minority shouldn't be offensive.

Stop crying it makes you look like a girl.

PS: Congrats on being 2011's first Tard Wars nominee.

The OP alluded to it three times in the context of prerequisite... moron.

Check your local laws--it is ILLEGAL in Oregon to make an audio recording--either straight audio or video with sound--of anyone without their permission. If your laws permit it, make video tapes of the goings on, with audio if possible, with the date-time stamp function turned on. Do this without being seen. Then make an appointment with the D.A.'s office and have a viewing. Make no demands and keep your comments to yourself as much as humanly possible--let the law dudes make up their own minds.

Good luck.

That's incorrect, if they're in public it's 100% legal to record them. And unless there's been a very recent supreme court ruling it's even acceptable to record them through a window *IF* they've made no attempt at obscuring the view via blinds, curtains, etc.

Good advice though, document as much as you can with specific facts, not opinions. Hell, if you get good enough evidence your local LE might just go straight to a warrant. But either way any self respecting LE agency will do something about it.

Of course do it all as stealthily as possible, there's no point in compromising you or your lady's safety.

Back