• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need parts!!

brandyn24

NAXJA Forum User
i really need a elec fan for a 99' cherokee sport. i dont really got the $ to buy a new one. if any one has one laying around they can sell cheap i would greatly appreciate it.

I'd try a junk yard. There has got to be some in your area. I have one but I'm not sure if its from a 93-96 or 97<. Shipping would probably be expensive and I paid $20 to start with.

I am going to check with my local pull-A-part today to see if they have any, and I willl let you know. What is your cost threshhold? I mean I figure it will prolly cost around $6 or $7 to ship, so with that in mind what is the most you would wanna pay.

I know there are some peeps on here that have XJ's in the for sale section that are supposed to be getting parted out, have you checked with any of them yet?

Honestly... I don't know. It really wouldn't work for my XJ, without alot of mods that I don't care to do, so I haven't really lokked into it. But I think it has something to do with using 2 of those taurus fans.

I have checked my local junk yards an what they want for the fan I could by new. Its dumb how high they can be on old junk parts.

Just an idea, but you might try showing them the price of new one in print, and see if they will bargain. P & P here gets about $20 for them according to their price list ($30 tops for newer vehicles).

The Taurus is a dual electric fan. The Pontiac Grand Am has a dual one too, that looks similar to the Taurus. Lots of XJs have converted to the dual fan, for better cooling, and for water crossings. They can turn the fans off remotely, which does not work on fan clutches too well in deep water crossings, so I am told. I spent $30 shipping the e-fan recently, priority mail box size and weight are costly. Parcel Post takes a while, they can be reeeeeal sloooow.

Shipping rates have gone up bunch since 06-07.
You might check Ebay too.

I drove my buddies jeep with dual electric fans, and it seems like the throttle response is a lot more crisp, and he swears he can tell a power difference as well. Also it increased his MPG by almost a whole MPG on average.

I drove my buddies jeep with dual electric fans, and it seems like the throttle response is a lot more crisp, and he swears he can tell a power difference as well. Also it increased his MPG by almost a whole MPG on average.

I think it might require an alternator upgrade. My stock barely keeps up 65 amps with headlights on and one e-fan running, with AC going on MAX too.

So getting rid of the clutch fan an running to electric fans is what ur suggesting i should do.i dint know you could do away with the clutch fan like that. i will difenatly look in to doing that. an i will run it on an seperate switch where i can control when it come on or off. thanks for the info guys.

Back