• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help 55 bucks to tow from east meadow to smithtown

toates89

NAXJA Forum User
I blew my engine in my 99 GC on xmas. and i have an engine waiting for me there but i only have 55 dollars to my name. can someone please help me

thanks, yeah its been a real rough couple of weeks. i blew my engine then i got the flu, then i got over it, and then got the flu again.

I wish I was closer and could help. I know how things can go. I got laid off right before Thanksgiving. The whole family got the flu. My daughter ended up on the hospital. All in all, compared to some years, this was a good year. I have had some real crappy ones.

Things are tight but if it would help, I can paypal you $20. I learned a long time ago, that helping someone else never costs you.

Take 55 dollars and get AAA. Push jeep to street, Call AAA. Tell them where to bring it

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone, I got it there tn, hopefully Ill have the motor in and be way back home in a couple of days.

glad to hear it. best of luck getting the new motor in :thumbup:

If I were closer I'd be willing to lend a hand. Any technical problems you know where to post!!

that sucks. but the 4.0s will run for years like that. I know my last motor was shot to hell. it sounded like a bunch of skeletons were tap dancing in my valve cover. and I dd'd it like that for about a year. even drove it back and forth to RC 3hrs each way and beat the hell out of it for a few days. the only reason I even swaped it out was because I got a good deal on a low mileage replacement. I really wanted to run it untill it totally self destructed.

so you might be ok... at least for a little while.

My first jeep knocked when I bought it with 136k miles, and it ran like a champ til I sold it with 215k miles, still knocking.

well, that changes things a bit

shoulda put in a junkyard one in your driveway... even at $300 each that's enough to try 5 times.

Back