• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need good jeans

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
What kind of jeans does everybody wear? I bought 3 pair of Lee's off JC Penny's website and they suck. The first day, belt loops started ripping out. A previous pair, the button fell off immediately, but they fit so good and felt so good I chalked it up to a fluke. Apparently Lee does not make good jeans anymore. Buying in store is generally out for me as apparently all tall guys are skinny and all fat guys are short. No one sells a 42-44 waist with a 34 inseam in stores.

So, anyone got any that can stand up to...being worn? I would say abuse, but if they can at least be worn before falling apart, that would be an improvement over these Lee's.

You should look at Wranglers. They are tough and they should have your size.
I'm a big guy too and I always find them to fit me. Lee's are way overrated.

I haven't worn blue jeans since middle school but I've never had an issue with dickies Jean type work gear, and I beat the hell out of my clothes at work all day, cathartic makes some too

Carhartt

As part of our uniform at work they give us 9 pair of these jeans. I have had the same 9 pair for 5 years. I wear them to work and at home doing stuff. They barely look worn.

I still wear Wranglers.. they used to be made local,and like all textile company,s went south..Mexico as did quality,,,now I think they are sewn in Costa Rico or .......
But I like the fit....:thumbup:

I can tell you what I wouldn't buy: PREWASHED Carhartt. I've had 5 pairs and every one of them have torn at the back pocket rivets and at the rivets at the top of the double knee within 6 months. The best part is that Whistle Workwear, where I bought them, wouldn't even talk about replacing them. Said they would have to eat the loss.

I have had pretty good luck with the Dickie's double knee jean with the cell phone pocket on the side and I just saw they are on sale for $20 at a local hardware store. Regularly they are $25.

I wear Hollister because it makes the 18 year-old girls like me.

dickies and carharts are the only pants or shorts that seem to last more than 6 months for me. I have pairs of dickies that are older than my kids :D

Carharts ftw.

They cost more but last a long time.

I'm pretty sold on Cinch. Comfortable and the only ones that I have found in my size that bunch right on my boots and don't hi-rise when I sit.

And, I'm kind of a big (read: tall) guy...38 waist, 38 leg. Don't find that on the shelf often.

levi's have gotten thin in the past 8 years, but I have a couple of pairs of 569's that are holding up well. also got a couple pairs that blew out within the first couple days (read full rear ventilation)

double front carharts are indestructible, but way too stiff. I wish I could find a good deal locally on levi 527's, best jeans Ive ever owned.

Back