• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Fast Help / Info

STOKJEEP

NAXJA Forum User
95% completed a swap to the external style clutch slave cylinder ........

............. however, the damn autowrecking place gave me the wrong clutch master / slave cylinder / plastic hose.

I need to know which year of Cherokee external style master / slave is a direct swap into a 1990 Jeep.

I **WILL** be looking for some kind of writeup on the conversion tonite, but if anyone knows DEFINITIVELY, please email me right away.

I have GOT to get the Jeep up and running by tomorrow ! ! !

Sean

Since I have not worked on one with an external slave, this is a guess -- but I seriously doubt that you can just swap in the external slave cylinder without also swapping in the corresponding bell housing.

sorry , either I worded it poorly or you misunderstood .....

I have all the OTHER correct parts such as the bellhousing ....... they are already installed as a matter of fact.

Its **JUST** the master / slave combination that I have here is wrong ......... I need to quickly find the correct parts to use .

i did this swap. i got the master/hose/slave for a tj from the dealer (almost positive). i did mine on an '89. it was a sealed, one piece unit, it even came with the fluid in it...no bleeding necessary! if you still aren't sure about it, say something and i'll tear up the garage looking for the pn.
good luck,
dan f.

Back