• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA Tech Days

image_zpsf3a31c78.jpg

image_zpsbab990c2.jpg

image_zpsa0c1fcb5.jpg

image_zpsf372c413.jpg

image_zps18c70331.jpg

image_zpsaea47483.jpg

Thanks Max, for hosting! Thanks Geoff for organizing! And thanks Justin and Chad for the help with my projects! This was a great event.

See you all at SoCal Fest.

had a great day getting dirty on other peoples jeeps for once! one jeep ended up spending the night. It needs a fan clutch pulley bracket.

i had the urge to climb walts tire after dark so walt spotted me up!

20130303_181653_zps431a5800.jpg

IMG_3658_zps719c4c39.jpg

Crap, Jeremy's rig didn't get finished? Bummer...

Thanks again Chad, and everyone else who had their hands all over my body, played with my suspension, and participated in fluid exchanges with me!!

It was great meeting new folks, putting faces to screen names, and renewing old acquaintances--oh, and getting a lot of stuff done on my Jeep, too!!

((sigh))

Looks like fun was had and shit got done..

I think it would've been the perfect place to figure out my exact axle issue and concoct a best plan of attack - oh well..

Wife is doing better, so that's what matters..

Definitely hope to make the next one you may have and hope to get out there and playing with some of you guys!

Crap, Jeremy's rig didn't get finished? Bummer...

Thanks again Chad, and everyone else who had their hands all over my body, played with my suspension, and participated in fluid exchanges with me!!

It was great meeting new folks, putting faces to screen names, and renewing old acquaintances--oh, and getting a lot of stuff done on my Jeep, too!!

We got his starting issue figured out, then the electric fans would not kick in and it was because a clogged heater hose, then the Acc circuit was dead, then the belt started squealing.

After lots of trouble shooting we got it all working except the fan pulley bearing looks to be needing replacement still.

He drove it out of the shop around 12:30am and hopefully made it home in one piece.

You rock, Max =)

Re: Re: NAXJA Tech Days

We got his starting issue figured out, then the electric fans would not kick in and it was because a clogged heater hose, then the Acc circuit was dead, then the belt started squealing.

After lots of trouble shooting we got it all working except the fan pulley bearing looks to be needing replacement still.

He drove it out of the shop around 12:30am and hopefully made it home in one piece.

Still having a starting issue but seems to be a little better. Po apparently fubared lots o wiring. Guess I need to swap in a known good dizzy and see if that solves the problem. Should probably swap column too. Gm V8 truck motor sounds more and more tempting. Money is an object tho. Thank everyone who helped me. Especially max, walt and chad.

Anyone have a spare renix dizzy and older column I can have? Possibly new fan pully bracket?

Sounds like the folks who did this done a GREAT job.I am happy for this, we needed it in SoCal.

BRAVO to the ones who pulled this off.

:party::party::party::party:

Re: Re: NAXJA Tech Days

What's wrong with the column?

Ignition lock cylinder is kind of loose possibly causing the slider to not stay in position, Rod for high beams is missing, clock spring is broken. Figure it may be easier to swap in a column

Still having a starting issue but seems to be a little better. Po apparently fubared lots o wiring. Guess I need to swap in a known good dizzy and see if that solves the problem. Should probably swap column too. Gm V8 truck motor sounds more and more tempting. Money is an object tho. Thank everyone who helped me. Especially max, walt and chad.

Anyone have a spare renix dizzy and older column I can have? Possibly new fan pully bracket?
sorry i bailed without tellin ya man you were on the phone and i was beat! get a good wiring diagram! when i had my head under your dash it was pretty hacked looking! happy you got her rolling again!

RUNNing, Chad--RUNNing. We don't use that Kaiser/Sourdough/Torta word around these parts! Hasta
well carol that had not crossed my mind! haha on the bright side his jeep is green and brown not a certain shade of red haha

Back