• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA member (5-90) did not fulfill order - Help!

yahoover

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all,

I need some advice/help resolving an issue with another user 5-90

I am new to this thread and recently in February bought my first Jeep - 2000 Cherokee I6. I immediately started a list of general maintenance and basic upgrades I needed to work through.

Battery cables were first as mine are corroded through the entire cable and frayed/rusty on connections. Such poor connections that my jeep fails to start maybe 1/20 starts. I read through a couple threads regarding battery cable upgrades and many users pointed to 5-90 / kelleyswip.com for his quality and support. I wanted to support another jeeper also!

I found what I wanted and began to email him. He was very helpful and I placed an order on Feb 25 and sent him the money. A week went by, never heard from him. I emailed him and politely asked about completion/shipping eta. No response. I waited another week to email him, he replied with the first of several auto replys explaining his personal situation and how hes struggling to get supplies/doesn't have a car etc. I told him I would be patient but would accept a refund if he could not fulfill the order. After a month he confirmed he got materials and shipped... never received anything. Emailed him about it - said he shipped it to an address in Potomac, Maryland. I live in Texas.

After a few back and forth emails, he seemed upset that he sent it to the wrong address and I'm still nagging him. Now I can't get any word from him and PayPal said there is nothing they can do to get my money back.

Has anyone had a bad experience with Jon Kelley before? Did I do something wrong? My jeep stIill has crappy cables and I need new ones! If anything let this be a warning about 5-90 ripping people off and stealing their money.

Thanks

Jon has always been a stand up guy. I heard somewhere that he had something going on in his life. It is very unlike him to have an issue getting product to people.

Thank you for the reply. I was surprised as well. It seems like he has a good name in the jeep community, although I also heard about "something" going on. But if he can't deliver a product, I won't blame him. But he shouldn't take the money.

I had talked to Jon several times over the years and order the cables from him last year also. I got the cables but he didn't send my battery clamps. I emailed him but never heard back. I finally just went and bought my own.

I would just email him a few times more and see if that works.

I'm currently dealing with the same thing. He is "busy"........ I have been rather patient, order was placed back in November of 2015. I'm capable of making my own wires but at that time I was building my roll cage and really didnt have any free time along with other things. I have been playing tag with him for months. He will answer but he keeps stringing me along. I have heard great things about 5-90 being a stand up guy that's why I did not second guess sending the money. I even asked multiple times if he had the time to make the wires for me. He made it clear to me that he did. Well, it's May of 2016 still nothing. So I sent my last email Today 5/16/2016 and we will see. My patience has worn out.

Tis a shame. Jon's always had a stellar rep here. I hope he figures things out and that you guys get taken care of wrt to your cables or money.

Received the wires today. Paid for 1awg was given 4awg. Everyone who has purchased just make sure you ride him with emails. Took me 6 months to get these. Don't have your hopes up for the terminal ends either they are junk.

On the bright side although it isn't the wire diameter I wanted he did a good job. The quality is there but still not thrilled. The 4awg is about 50 or so dollars less than the 1 awg. That's the main reason I'm not thrilled.

Back