• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA Hollister run, APRIL 4TH

How'd you like the new tires?

Pretty impressed with them overall, they stuck to the canyon walls pretty well on the jungle trail and what little I ran of bitch.

The 70 mile drive down sucked ass though. I need to fix my toe in condition and tighten up my track bar and hopefully that will settle it down on the road. :anon:

Looks like it was an awesome trip, wish I could've made it.

ouch!
well let me know any time you wanna go, I'm really close and haven't been down there in a long time

Had a great time hanging out with you all on Saturday. It was nice to finally meet many of you in person. The whole experience finally made me feel more like a club member rather than an internet forum supporter. I hope to see you all out on the trail again in the not so distant future. Bryan, I appreciate your setting up this outing as well as your patience and spotting assistance on White Rock. Cool pic you snapped of me on the Jungle trail BTW. You seem to be a really nice guy for a self proclaimed a-hole. :laugh3:

Tony

Anyways, here's some pics I snapped...

Wayne in the Mud/Rock Pit.
100_7700.jpg

My XJ's new nose job.
100_7710.jpg

Zach on the Rock Pile.
100_7704.jpg

SRMitchell (Sean?) attempting White Rock.
100_7717.jpg

Wayne showing what 33" BFG A/T's, a Trac-loc and some momentum can do on White Rock.
100_7719.jpg

1SLOWX making good on his user name on White Rock. Kept with it and refused to give up though.
100_7726.jpg

A couple of group photos at the base of White Rock.
100_7715.jpg

100_7716.jpg

And of course.... Jason's flop! (On the access road to the trail :doh:)
1. Oh crap!
100_7711.jpg

2. Everybody push! (Yes, I put down the camera and helped push...)
100_7712.jpg

3. Jason hooking up the "World's Slowest ($2) Winch" as we came up with a game plan to get the XJ back on all 4.
100_7714.jpg

And one more of my Jeep for good measure. There really are scratches on there, I promise... (and a whole bunch of new ones courtesy of the Jungle trail!)
100_7724.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pics!

Tony G.

From the Sierra Chapter “NAXJA Hollister Run” Thread

But seriously my winch's positive cable to the battery grounded out and started a little fire while I was trying to get out of a little off camber situation, while my buddy in a CJ7 who was right behind me was laying on it's side. Then while putting that out I guess the catalytic converter got too close to some oil and another fire started above it. And about an hour earlier I had given 94xjstud my fire extinguisher...Murphy's Law.

Here are a couple shots of the incident...

Someone was enjoying the mud.
standard.jpg

Thats me. I also broke my pass. shaft and 2 drive shaft bolts

From the Sierra Chapter “Karma” Thread (Just before the run)

I could use:
Fire extinguisher
D30 axle shafts
Welding lessons

Hey 94xjstud, I can bring a fire extinguisher for you to the Hollister run, if you'd like, I believe I have a couple 5lb ABC's floating around my garage.

Sorry guys... had to do it... this was just way too ironic! :roflmao:

ok, not to be anal, but my user name is 1SOLOW X, not 1SLOW X. I used to have a mini truck club with the name of SoLow Concepts. I have a 2002 eXtreme s-10, hence the name 1 (the first) SoLow (club name) X (for extreme).

not mad, just wanting to clarify.

thanks!!

ready to do some more Montara trips ssssssshh it looked like you guys had a great time wished i could have come but my girlfreind was getting her foot rebuilt 7 weeks until the next one is ready oh boy i cant wait :D

ok, not to be anal, but my user name is 1SOLOW X, not 1SLOW X. I used to have a mini truck club with the name of SoLow Concepts. I have a 2002 eXtreme s-10, hence the name 1 (the first) SoLow (club name) X (for extreme).

thanks!!

Oops! Sorry about that. :dunce:

thanks!!

Sorry, picked up the SLOW thing from Bryan's post. Funny thing is I thought 1SLOWX seemed strange for a username. I thought it was probably 1SLOWXJ so I looked up one of your old posts to double check. I guess I just couldn't wrap my mind around "SO LOW" on a XJ users group and looked right past it.:roflmao:

no, this time i was never that stuck. almost needed it for jason's flop, but couldn't find a tree big enough to run a snatchblock to

thanks!!

My bad, maybe you should have an admin change it? :kissyou:

Seriously though. I thought you did pretty well on white rock.

thanks! i know 90% of my problem was the fact that my tires are crap and i wasn't aired down enough.

Back