• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA hit or miss?

XJfreakHO

NAXJA Forum User
Why is this website so hit or miss?

I can't use this website without it telling me "No data Sent from Server" every 2-3 clicks. Almost anytime I try to post something it does the same thing and I have to retype it and repost.

Its not my internet, Im on NC4x4 and Cherokeeforum right now with no problems, but this site has been acting up for me for the last few months and I know I can't be the only one a little frusterated by this?

Not the server, but probably a congested link between you & the server. I haven't gotten that sort of network issue in years.

I haven't either. I'd be on the lookout for a notification that says, "user error."

I haven't either. I'd be on the lookout for a notification that says, "user error."

Yeah, Im sure you hear that a lot, maybe you should think before you speak, or just shut the XXXX up. Thanks.

I figure I pay a premium to support this site/club and its endeavors, the least I should get in return is proper access to the forum.

naxjaserverissues.jpg

And I'm gonna throw your own words back at you. YOU aren't fscking listening.

The problem is not on NAXJA's server. It's an issue between you & the server. Might be a network problem, more likely a caching issue somewhere.

When the term cache was used, it didn't mean your local cache. I too have seen this from time to time and when I used a different machine on a different connection, things went through just fine. It sounds like a server in the path to you on the net was having problems. Yes when it happened to me, I could access everywhere else on the web with no problems. To prove it to myself, I did a VPN into my company and was able to access NAXJA through that connection. Heck the same type of thing happed a couple of days ago when I was trying to get to craigslist.

I'm on naxja everyday. Doesn't happen here either. never.

Never seen that error myself, and I've been paying for the privilege a lot longer than you.

I hardly ever have any issues. Maybe 2 or three times a year that I have problems accessing the site.

Draw a picture :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Obviously if Im not the only one having this problem, it has something to do with the NAXJA site. Even if some of you almost never have this issue, it has still happened and thus there is a problem.

Now if someone could tell me how to solve this problem, that would be great, but everyone just stating they don't have this problem, or running there mouth sure isn't helping, so unless you have a solution to this problem, or are having the same problem, your input is not relevant.

Thank you.

call your ISP and tell them you're having a problem accessing a certain webpage, and see if they'll look into it. naxja gets thousands of hits a day maybe there is some net congestion between your machine and wherever the club's forum is hosted that they can work around.

telling people to stfu isn't going to get you any help or sympathy though... unless all you meant by this post was to whine in public and hope someone jumped out to cradle your jewels and tell you how sorry they were that you're having a problem. If so you've pretty much closed that door :cheers:

I posted this to see if I was the only one having this problem, and if I was, how do I fix it. Instead I get a few post whores who post some completely useless crap and downplay the issue I am having, much like yourself, but at least you gave some sort of assistance with finding a solution. So thanks for that

I'm on naxja everyday. Doesn't happen here either. never.

Me too...............A LOT.........never seen that! XJFreakHO, chill it out there scooter. We can't help it you have walmart internet! :laugh3:

I don't have a solution but I have some ideas that might lead to one...

-Send some days/times and your IP to NAXJA server admin & see if there is something in a server log that might suggest a cause

-Try a different web browser, if only for a while, to test

-If you have an ad blocker, disable, if only for a while, to test

-Do some search engine queries to see if people are talking about your ISP doing WWW caching and tricks to get around it if they are

-Maybe do a post in this thread when it's doing it & others can check & indicate if it's doing it to them at approximately the same time. This might help rule out NAXJA server vs local & Internet issue.

Good luck. I know this stuff can be a PITA.

Me too...............A LOT.........never seen that! XJFreakHO, chill it out there scooter. We can't help it you have walmart internet! :laugh3:

Oh look, another guy with an enormous post count, making a completely irrelevant post. I have Roadrunner, pretty good normally, almost never have issues except with this website.

Popeye's Jeep said:
I don't have a solution but I have some ideas that might lead to one...

-Send some days/times and your IP to server admin & see if there is something in a server log that might suggest a cause

-Try a different web browser, if only for a while, to test

-If you have an ad blocker, disable, if only for a while, to test

-Do some search engine queries to see if people are talking about your ISP doing WWW caching and tricks to get around it if they are

-Maybe do a post in this thread when it's doing it & others can check & indicate if it's doing it to them at approximately the same time. This might help rule out server vs local & Internet issue.

Good luck. I know this stuff can be a PITA.

Thanks!

Back