• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MyGig in an XJ?

That's why they made Jeep Trail Guide Nav units (top mount).

I can squeeze a MyGig into my stock location, and I can have my dash molded to make things look stock. Mounting location is not my problem; it's the connectivity that has me puzzled.

Did you ever solve this?

No. I didn't get very far on this project (which pisses me off because I still want a MyGig).
coastaletech.com makes a MyGig LOCKPICK, but it's only compatible with 2005+ Chryslers.

The only option I found was a MyGig Replica made by oeradio.com. Model number CH-4201N.
It looks like a MyGig unit, but it runs standard RCAs so you can install it an older Chrysler.
I have no idea who retails it, or how much it costs. Also, I have reservations its quality is
comparable to genuine MyGig deck.
4201n.png

Why not just get an AvicD3? Looks about the same unless there is some amazing feature I'm missing.

Or even better get one of the JVC indash units. My buddy's mom has one in her Envoy they are easy to use too.

I liked the MyGig radios at first and thought about the same thing but getting around the IHSC (interior high speed CAN) was a problem on a vehicle that comunicates on PCI. Then I scrapped the idea when the software recalls started coming out, there have been 6 or 8 software update dvds sent to the dealer for us to update these units, so far. Then there are the hard drive failures that renders the whole unit useless. When I was at the training center a while ago, one of the instructors who had recently been to Detroit said there were pallets and pallets of the MyGigs wrapped up to be shipped back to Harmon-Becker. This radio was released way too soon, needed a lot more R&D before release to the public.

If anyone wants connector pin-outs for one of these radios though, let me know. I'll pull it off of chrysler's web site, just let me know if you want NAV/Non-NAV/with I-pod/etc.

Don't get me wrong, these are a great unit functionally when they work right. Awesome capabilities, and fun to play with. Probably another model year or 2 at the most these should be good units, all the bugs worked out. Maybe someone will have some sort of adapter by then too.

I just prefer stockish components over aftermarket ones. Plus aftermarket decks look outdated in less than a years time while OEM decks look solid, longer.

Some of them do look outdated but the JVC they have looks like it came from the factory that way.

Back