• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My second comanche

f1tbiker6

NAXJA Forum User
Got rid of my integra and found an okay comanche.
4.0 6cyl, 4x4, shortbed, dana 35 :( 5spd, the rare black and white buckets, only rust is along the bottom of the doors, and above the rear wheels. none on the floors!

Has a 3" "lift" on it.. the guy just stacked spacers in there. needs a downpipe. brakes need to be bled. e-brake needs to be adjusted. needs all the interior pieces put in.

heres some pics of day 1.

DSC_0293-2.jpg

DSC_0297-2.jpg

DSC_0290.jpg

DSC_0298.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

My spiffy carbon fiber shift knob from the integra :)
DSC_0301-1.jpg

Day 2. pulled the exhuast off, im going to pick up the new downpipe next weekend most likely. topped off all the fluids and sprayed all the nutts and bolts for later plans of swapping in some 3.5" springs.
DSC_0293-3.jpg

DSC_0294-2.jpg

sounds like a carb'd v8 with just the header on there!

updates:

ordered the downpipe, and found some 3.5" clayton springs from the NAC classifieds.

also discovered that i have a CAD vacuum disconnect front dana 30, but the owner before me already did the mod to lock the CAD in the connected position, so the driveshaft spins all the time and i dont have to worry about 4wd not engaging with the shitty vacuum system. i still may swap some one piece axle shafts, or swap in a dana 30 with out the CAD system, and one that is already geared for 31's.

Since you already have the CAD axle, I would keep it and go to the one-piece axle setup. The pass side UCA is WAAYYY beefier than the stamped steel version on a non-disco HPD30.

Since you already have the CAD axle, I would keep it and go to the one-piece axle setup. The pass side UCA is WAAYYY beefier than the stamped steel version on a non-disco HPD30.

the UCA or the UCA mount? im swapping in some iron rock offroad LCA's and UCA's either way. and im looking for a cheap HP30 with 3.55's in it, but im in no rush to do that since other things need to be done first.

the UCA or the UCA mount? im swapping in some iron rock offroad LCA's and UCA's either way. and im looking for a cheap HP30 with 3.55's in it, but im in no rush to do that since other things need to be done first.

Sorry, axle-side pass UCA mount. On the CAD axles its a cast-in chunk like what is on top of the housing on the drivers side. on a non-CAD (non-disco) axles its a stamped steel piece that can be bent/broken when wheeling. Its easy to strengthen the non-disco version, but if you already have the CAD housing, I would consider keeping it and building it since it is a stronger housing.

Sorry, axle-side pass UCA mount. On the CAD axles its a cast-in chunk like what is on top of the housing on the drivers side. on a non-CAD (non-disco) axles its a stamped steel piece that can be bent/broken when wheeling. Its easy to strengthen the non-disco version, but if you already have the CAD housing, I would consider keeping it and building it since it is a stronger housing.

awesome information. thanks.

Here is a pic of mine. Look behind the trackbar, you'll see the UCA mount has a full sleeve that goes around the tube. The mount is also a pyramid shape instead of just the stamped steep arm on non-CAD axles.

Open up the CAD to make sure the guy shimmed it over properly.

If you go full length shaft, you'll have to get the proper seals, which can be a pain. The info is on NAXJA somewhere, you can search it up.
IMG_0101.JPG

terrible XXXXng day. today i planned to put the 3.5" clayton springs in up front. took a hour just to get one stock spring out. when i went to loosen the spring compressor the weld on the nut broke. that was exciting. so now im stuck with no passenger side spring in, the jeep up on jacks, and no money to go rent a new spring compressor because i had to terminate my credit card because it got stolen. when my dad gets home hopefully he rents it for me and i can get this done by tomoro.

update: got to autozone. rented the spring compressor, very nice quality, and got the job done in very little time.

pics from the day
DSC_0277-4.jpg

DSC_0278-2.jpg

DSC_0280-1.jpg

DSC_0281-1.jpg

DSC_0284-3.jpg

DSC_0286-1.jpg

DSC_0287-1.jpg

DSC_0289-1.jpg

DSC_0290-2.jpg

DSC_0291-1.jpg

DSC_0292-2.jpg