• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new XJ

JeepAddict85

NAXJA Forum User
Well finally got another XJ after I rolled my last one. Its a 2000 Sport, interior is very clean, not a hint of rust underneath, and it has 96,200 miles on it.

DSCN6683.jpg

DSCN6684.jpg

DSCN6685.jpg

DSCN6686.jpg

DSCN6687.jpg

Mods so far:
-added the 2" drop ball attachment to the hitch
-swapped in my alpine dvd player
-seafoamed
-changed oil to mobile 1 full synthetic with new filter
-new air intake tube with cone filter
-new windshield wipers all around

Very nice XJ. Glad to see you found a replacement so quickly. It is clean.

Stick or Auto?

that motors shiny =D i wish my 2000 still looked like that haha.

one of the things i did was ripped off those plastic side moldings, i think it looks alot better w/o them on there, if you want i'll post pictures of it off... i just gotta take the pictures first

Thanks Mr.Shrek! Lots of parts on order...haha.

MaxxXJ- Yea, they detailed the engine before i got it, its super clean! The side mouldings will come off when my new bumper gets here.

Its auto also, and has the 29 spline 8.25 (ill put that up for sale when the 8.8 goes in)

How about a parts list to get us started? I think you are going to go a little bit bigger on this one.

Ok, well currently on order:

-Porc HD SYE
-Rustys cat back exhaust (it needs a new one, the muffler has a small hole in it and shakes quite a bit)
-RE 4.5 coils and leaves
-Ruff stuff Diff Covers

Thats all for now, still figuring a few things out, and have to see what my money situation is by the end of the week. May be able to order long arms and a few other things.

Just wondering what you paid for it, if you don't mind me asking. I just bought one this weekend (2000 Classic w/ 154,000 on it) and I paid $3800 for it. Just trying to compare prices, I tought it was a pretty good deal.

Just wondering what you paid for it, if you don't mind me asking. I just bought one this weekend (2000 Classic w/ 154,000 on it) and I paid $3800 for it. Just trying to compare prices, I tought it was a pretty good deal.

i know im not the OP, but i got my 2000 sport with 101,960 miles on it not to long ago and i paid 7000otd from a used car stealership.

$4,995 from Beaman used cars. I wanted the low miles, and I needed to get something quick. My tax return came in, so i picked this up over the weekend.

Got the exhaust today and threw it in in a few hours. Sounds SWEET! And found a broken exhaust hanger above my cat that was causing a ratteling noise. Now I just have one more vibration/rattle coming from the front end to track down and ill be happy. SYE came also, may put that in over the weekend.

I really wish I knew you were looking for a jeep (and in that price range). I would have sold you mine for $4500 and its already got everything you are going to do.

Greg, did you order 33's. I am going to be a little jealous once you get those on. I'm eventually going to get the same tires. Can't wait to see your jeep built up.

Back