• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Jeep makes the 4wd mag. Warning, huge pics

Good Job Marcus.

When are you going to have that novel published? Oh wait you just did.

John is gonna grab us PNW locals a copy from some freaky import mag shop, looking forward to seeing the real thing!!

BTW what is a Yabo? (as in ...bloke, I'm a Yabo and me best friends name is Robo)

cherokeekid said:
John is gonna grab us PNW locals a copy from some freaky import mag shop, looking forward to seeing the real thing!!

BTW what is a Yabo? (as in ...bloke, I'm a Yabo and me best friends name is Robo)

He he, your are going to confuse everyone else ;) Yobbo is what he says there in that song. An Aussie term for bully, hooligan, roughneck, rowdy, ruffian etc.

Are you sure John can get hold of copies as was just waiting for the magazine to become available next week and was going to send a copy over along with some Jeep Jamboree posters that I collected for you guys too? Also got some copies of an Aussie Jeep only magazine like JP as well.

Joe said:
Congratz.... that is so great that alot of NAXJA folks have had their XJ pictured on magazines.
When in the States a couple of months ago it was great to pick up magazines and point out to my wife that I knew the people that owned some of them through this great site. Makes it a bit more personal I think and always a little thrill to see them without sounding childish. ;)

If anyone wuld like a copy of the magazine I can send one over for you. Will cost me about $16 USD to do so including the cost of magazine and the freight. This one is pretty heavy as is 324 pages!
If anyone wants the current issue with my Jeep in it, I would be more than happy to send it at cost. ( $16 altogether ) Just PayPal me at [email protected] but dont take too long about it as need to do it before the next issue comes out.

Your back seats have headrests. I always wished they would have done that here. Even in 2001 they didn't have headrests. I also noticed that the Bejing Jeeps have headrests. To bad it would be very expensive to ship one across the Pacific, or I would do it. I wonder if Canada or Mexico got headrests.

PapaPump said:
Your back seats have headrests. I always wished they would have done that here. Even in 2001 they didn't have headrests. I also noticed that the Bejing Jeeps have headrests. To bad it would be very expensive to ship one across the Pacific, or I would do it. I wonder if Canada or Mexico got headrests.

I know Europe has them as we get their spec XJ's as share much of the same laws like having the extra flashing bulb above the front flare. Jeepzz has asked me to look into it as well and think the only chance is to just send over the internal brackets from inside the seat. I'm looking out for a seat back that has been damaged in the cloth or leather so they will let it go cheap and just see if the internals can be taken out. The head rests themselves you can just use the ZJ front seat ones as we get those seats stock in the front and I have swapped them front to rear before.

Congratulations! I've spent alot of time on your website reading and getting idea's for my XJ. Your writeups are awesome. I've been very interested in your offroad camper. Your writeup has given me alot of ideas on converting my pop-up camper to be more offroad freindly. :cheers:

Thanks for the comments. ;)
Means more even now as I had got some negative feedback through my older sister's work mates who said it was only a show pony as was too clean to have been offroad. I didn't help that they didn't use any of the shots of me going through a bog hole and climbing a steeply rutted and wet track either!
Still she was able to shut them up when she showed the web site and I had been far more places than any of them offroad!
Maybe I should not have spent the 3 weeks detailing it before the shoot!

WOW you get the ZJ seats stock? I was wondering if they would swap, but I went to the junkyard and the mounting points were totally different. I don't know if I am the only other one besides Jeepzzz that has wanted headrests. It is just really unsafe for fullsize adults to have their necks way above the seatback. It does give more rear visibility though :) Its too bad European Jeeps came with some better equipment, you think they'd cater to the home market. I guess Americans have lower standards.

PapaPump said:
WOW you get the ZJ seats stock? I was wondering if they would swap, but I went to the junkyard and the mounting points were totally different. I don't know if I am the only other one besides Jeepzzz that has wanted headrests. It is just really unsafe for fullsize adults to have their necks way above the seatback. It does give more rear visibility though :) Its too bad European Jeeps came with some better equipment, you think they'd cater to the home market. I guess Americans have lower standards.
I would say that the ZJ seat would have custom bases to bolt into the XJ. I dont know if it is the base that bolts to the floor or the one that is part of the seats. I think it would be the former.

Gojeep said:
If anyone wuld like a copy of the magazine I can send one over for you. Will cost me about $16 USD to do so including the cost of magazine and the freight. This one is pretty heavy as is 324 pages!
If anyone wants the current issue with my Jeep in it, I would be more than happy to send it at cost. ( $16 altogether ) Just PayPal me at [email protected] but dont take too long about it as need to do it before the next issue comes out.

Definitely worth the admission price. You can't fully appreciate the coverage they gave Marcus on his rig until you see it in the context of 324 pages of magazine. The magazine is huge and filled with good ideas and well built rigs. This would be like having been spotlighted in Car and Driver's 10 Best Issue, only with 10 pages of coverage. It's quite an achievement to be featured here with the other rigs they chose as the Best of 2004.

I really think Australian 4WD Monthly makes US magazines like Jp, 4Wheeler and 4Wheel and OffRoad look weak.

Thanks again Marcus for sending them over. They were a hit at our meeting last Friday as they got passed around to the entire membership.

BTW, when are we going to see your hatch trim? ;)

John90XJ said:
Definitely worth the admission price. You can't fully appreciate the coverage they gave Marcus on his rig until you see it in the context of 324 pages of magazine. The magazine is huge and filled with good ideas and well built rigs. This would be like having been spotlighted in Car and Driver's 10 Best Issue, only with 10 pages of coverage. It's quite an achievement to be featured here with the other rigs they chose as the Best of 2004.

I really think Australian 4WD Monthly makes US magazines like Jp, 4Wheeler and 4Wheel and OffRoad look weak.

Thanks again Marcus for sending them over. They were a hit at our meeting last Friday as they got passed around to the entire membership.

BTW, when are we going to see your hatch trim? ;)

Glad you and others liked them my friend. ;) I hope to do the trim next week along with using clear LEDs to light the number plate. Thanks again for that nice present mate. :laugh3: I ordered the LEDs yesterday and should be able to pick them up tomorrow if the XJ lift I am just about to start goes well today. Second lift in less than a week with the last having a rear airbag setup as well.
Got you that seal yesterday for the tailcone as well as was finially over in that area. I picked you up a magazine that shows all the best 4wd touring places to see in Australia as well which will give you a good heads up when you come over.
I have put all the part numbers for that seal up that I could get on my write up on changing that seal last night in case others can get it directly in the States too.

Last edited:
Gojeep said:
Glad you and others liked them my friend. ;) I hope to do the trim next week along with using clear LEDs to light the number plate. Thanks again for that nice present mate. :laugh3: I ordered the LEDs yesterday and should be able to pick them up tomorrow if the XJ lift I am just about to start goes well today. Second lift in less than a week with the last having a rear airbag setup as well.
Got you that seal yesterday for the tailcone as well as was finially over in that area. I picked you up a magazine that shows all the best 4wd touring places to see in Australia as well which will give you a good heads up when you come over.
I have put all the part numbers for that seal up that I could get on my write up on changing that seal last night in case others can get it directly in the States too.

Cool...I love to see packages in my mailbox from your end of the planet.

Anything else you're looking for up from up here?

Back