• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Muffler

I have a Walker SoundFX Turbo muffler on mine and absolutely love the sound. It has a good tone, not to loud, doesnt drone in the cab. Quality is something to be desired but heck I figured I would smash it on some rocks and have to replace it within a year or two anyway. The only other muffler I would consider is a Dynomax bullet style muffler. I for one know how those sound on straight six motors and my gosh.....thats all I can say!
I am not a huge fan of flowmaster. Though it sounds great, its too loud and drones to much for me as a dialy driving muffler. My dad has one on his XJ.

Personally i like thrush. They are exactly like the flowmaster mufflers. but i think they're a little more off-road worthy. they have a very throaty sound.

my last jeep had a 40's series and always set off car alarms in the neighborhood... the new jeep has a thrush and it sounds just like the 40. super throaty just not as loud.

Magnaflow for sure! I have a 14" 4x9 oval installed on mine sounds great. Was 49$ on amazon (=
I would say if you can do it, just get a new magnflow cat as well. Think they are 100$ or so.. they have a flange like stock so they bolt in. Would either need clamp or weld new muffler on.

I've had a flowmaster 50 series for about 5-6 years now and its still holding up fine. I really like how it sounds as well, although next time I'll probably get a 40 series since I don't daily drive this rig as much.

I have an early model and I ended up putting a heat shield in after I realized the muffler was baking the insulation under the carpet. This only happened after the muffler had self clearanced itself closer to the floor pan though...

I have a cheap dynomax turbo muffler for 5 years that sounds fairly good. I removed the tailpipe and it droned a lot until I put a turndown on it. It's still loud but no drone and I can still hear the tires over it on the highway. I haven't had any heat problems but I didn't tuck it up very well either.

Yeah I went with a Dynomax style muffler from NAPA it was 36.00 dollar's. If i destroy it then I can get another one for 36.00 dollar's. I cut my old tail pipe and used part of that for a turn down just in front of the rear axle. Sound's okay it will sound better once i change my exaust mainifold

So whats the deal with SPARK Arrestors do we have to use them on our rigs or is this mx/atv mostly?
It is required by law to have "spark arrestor" aka a muffler/Catalytic converter.

Unless your a Toyota driving ford lover...:shhh:

I used to be a Ford lover until i realized that 400m and 351m SUCK!!!!!!
good drive train one of the best. Motors not so much. Wished i still had those 60s though they would work great under my pile. So does this mean that i dont have to run a spark arrester. :) JK :looney:

Back