• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mounting the winch selenoid box questions

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I'm thinking about putting it inside the engine bay and run the outlet for the cable controller into the grill. Now due to the size of the box, the only place I can think off that it'd fit would be where the stock airbox used to reside.
Anyone else "hid" theirs out of the view? where did you place it? got pics?

Btw, it's the box for the M8000.

Thanks

I put my battery in the back and mounted it in its place. You may be able to mount it "under" the battery, if you put the battery on its side. dave

i put my selonid pack down in the opening right next to the winch so its hidden and i just moved the location of the plug i can take pics tommorrow if u like

I'm planning on putting mine in the stock battery location as I, too, have put the battery in the back.

you can get rid of the black plastic casing and get creative with some tupperware or something to house the 4 solenoids, make them more weatherproof, and save space all at the same time...I like on the fenderwell near the battery.

TekkaMaki said:
you can get rid of the black plastic casing and get creative with some tupperware or something to house the 4 solenoids, make them more weatherproof, and save space all at the same time...I like on the fenderwell near the battery.

Yeah, I"m toying with the idea of making my own box to house the selenoids. I need to look again into the engine bay but it looks like the area around the battery is cramped and that's why I was thinking about moving it to the passenger side (but that would require for me to make new wires).
Anyways if I do make my own box it is entirely possible that I should be able to make it the right shape for it to fit someplace there.
Has anyone made their box? if so, I want to see pictures.

Back