• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MOTION TO THE SO CAL BOD - REMOVAL OF USER 'CASUAL' FROM ACCESS TO THE SO CAL FORUM

cracker

NAXJA Forum User
MOTION TO THE SOCAL BOD - REMOVAL OF USER 'CASUAL' FROM ACCESS TO THE SOCAL FORUM

I am requesting that the SoCal BOD vote and remove user 'Casual' from accessing the SoCal Chapter for the following reasons:

• Multiple transactions gone bad or not as they were intended to
  • Taking 'Karma' goods and reselling them
  • The 'bad' about this user far out weighs the 'good' by keeping him around.
Please discuss.

OK.

Can you PM me examples?

I will discuss this with Josh and Carol tonight.

After reading through the last few pages of the karma thread.... I'd vote for a suspension or something along those lines. Reselling karma items is just....trashy. But banning a user from the local board should be last reasort...no?

Maybe just ban him from the FOR SALE and KARMA threads, if possible. Prevent him from buying more items?? PLUS I think that this thread, and the karma thread, will entice people NOT to deal with him in the future.

Just my $.02

I'm a nice guy........when i'm sober... :laugh3:

While the guy does seem a little d-baggish with his handling of the Karma item, and then later defending his actions...

Unless he specifically violated forum or NAXJA rules, I think he should not be banned.

Since I am a bit ignorant of the rules... I do not know if he did or didn't.

I have heard nothing but horror stories from those dealing with this guy, especially buying/selling items. Plus, his mouth is always terrible. So is mine, around the campfire, but the boards aren’t a campfire.

I bought an AX-15/231 assembly off of him a while back and everything went well. I'd vote for keeping him.

Not only that but for 400 bones lol. I'm always a decent guy except until people start to push...Theres just people here that like to nut swing!
All this crap started with Alek21..He claims to have been in the right, while trying to rip me off! And theres many more situations like that..He rips people off but because he's been here longer people are on his side!

Also Nick, jeepcherokee boys his username I think...I had a friend buy a driveshaft from him and then not pay up, so I offered & payed him with my own money because I felt it was the right thing to do...even made a thread a while back because I hadn't heard from him! I will always do the right thing!
Sorry I was given a broken item that isn't useable..so yes I turned around and posted it for sale! I got something for free, it was broken and unuseable. So I had to buy a new one! So esentially I was making my money back for something I had to go out and buy..
And to be honest I went to Nicks to buy the grill. We shot the sh*t & I told him how this kid Travis screwed me over on my jeep. He knew about it and crap and was honest and helped me out & said I can have the grill. And currently Nick hasn't once said "wtf bro" or anything, just the nut swingers here!
Speak.

I don't know much about this. I am not on here as much. I dont think Alek21 is any better, I wouldn't use him as an example. haha

I do agree its a D-bag move if you are indeed taking items from Karma to sell. That said......it's your Karma and you'll pay for it one way or another. Trust me, I really believe in Karma. But not sure banning from here is fair. I remember someone ripping a bunch of members off over a group buy many years ago and they are still on here.

I'm not a paying member, but my experience with him is this:

I ran an ad looking for someone to refresh my 4.0, bolt on the header, and generally clean it up. In exchange I have fab skills to offer and casual replied to my ad saying he was looking to have a 2wd beam trussed and gusseted. He came to my house, dropped off the parts and picked up my motor. We stayed in contact during this period and several weeks later he was done with the refresh work and I was done with the fab work. He dropped off the motor and picked up his parts and we were both happy. I haven't fired the motor yet but everything he did looks good and he gave me receipts to show his expenses.

Chris

I am for it.

He sold me a "RE track bar and bracket"

This was immediately after I bought my first jeep and I didn't know any better.

It was a stock bracket, with a adj tie rod end track bar that was fukkin shot, gave me DW. Showed it to a bunch of people while looking for a new tie rod end..and no one had ever seen such a track bar.

Whatever. I should have known better the second I looked at it.

I don't personally know him, but did he violate forum rules? Was he issued a warning? Selling a karma'd item may not be a great thing to so, but it certainly doesn't violate any forum rules. We are just a bunch of people, most of us grown, pretty sure we can self police eachother in matters such as this. Never knew you could just vote someone off if they hurt your feelings without actually breaking any rules.

People interpret societal norms in different ways. Some people think it's just fine to bang your buddy's girlfriend because he just broke up with her. Most people, however, recognize this as a bad idea. Just sayin.........

I am for it.

He sold me a "RE track bar and bracket"

This was immediately after I bought my first jeep and I didn't know any better.

It was a stock bracket, with a adj tie rod end track bar that was fukkin shot, gave me DW. Showed it to a bunch of people while looking for a new tie rod end..and no one had ever seen such a track bar.

Whatever. I should have known better the second I looked at it.

Sure that was me? I'm at 4.5" and run a stock track bar lol. If I had the option to put on a adjustable I would have! I do remember selling WJ lowers to a member named Joe something..he had a red SRT4. Never a trackbar though.

Back