• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mossberg ATR-100 30.06

uvaldetxj

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone here had any shooting time with the Mossberg ATR-100 30.06 rifle?

My brother bought 3 raffle tickets today for $5, the raffle was tonight.

He won the rifle which was being raffled.

He told me I could have the rifle, since he's not into guns.

I'd like to keep it, since i've got two Mossberg shotguns. Model 500 and Mossberg Maverick Model 88, 12 Gauge shotguns. Is the quality of this rifle on the same level as the shotguns they make? I'm still contemplating whether to sell it or keep it.

Uvaldetxj please read the PMs that i have sent you about the your '89 xj. i really need help. thank you. ..... please send me a PM thanks. -Austin

Last edited:
Mossberg isnt known to make REAL fine rifles, but they usually seem to shoot fairly straight and will work fine if you dont beat on them hard. Their rifles are generally of better quality than their shotguns.

Jeffro600 said:
Mossberg isnt known to make REAL fine rifles, but they usually seem to shoot fairly straight and will work fine if you dont beat on them hard. Their rifles are generally of better quality than their shotguns.

Um......what? I'm sure you meant to say that their SHOTGUNS are generally better than their rifles....

Having said that, Mossberg makes a decent rifle. Plenty good as a deer gun, but not something I'd want deployed on the perimeter with an S/O team during a call-out.

10-32

10-32 said:
Um......what? I'm sure you meant to say that their SHOTGUNS are generally better than their rifles....

Having been a licenced dealer and gunsmith, i can assure you, their new "out of the box" rifles are GENERALLY nicer than their shotguns....neither are what i would consider really "nice" though. :laugh3: Most are fairly crude in the metal finish department, their wood is usually quite plain and the metal/wood fit is nothing to write home about...but really, same goes true for most manufactures now days. Their fine and dandy for a beat-em-up hunting rifle, but id shudder if anyone called them purdy.

Last edited:
beachmonkey6, gotcha...

thanks for the input on the rifle.

i've decided to keep it.

30.06 centerfire bolt-action
synthetic black stock, black barrel, silver bolt.
holds five cartridges.

it's actually a "purdy" nice looking rifle.
as far as them being nicer than their shotguns, i'd have to disagree.
according to mossberg, their shotguns are supposedly the only kind the military buys.

thanks again

uvaldetxj said:
beachmonkey6, gotcha...

thanks for the input on the rifle.

i've decided to keep it.

30.06 centerfire bolt-action
synthetic black stock, black barrel, silver bolt.
holds five cartridges.

it's actually a "purdy" nice looking rifle.
as far as them being nicer than their shotguns, i'd have to disagree.
according to mossberg, their shotguns are supposedly the only kind the military buys.

thanks again
Ya, but most often, the military buys from the lowest bidder. that being said, I've had a Mossberg 500 for a few years now and it's been a good shotgun. I don't buy guns for looks.

uvaldetxj said:

:laugh2:

You know, the military doesnt give most business to the lowest bidder for nothing, but i think Mossberg is a little full of themselves with that statement...Being in the military(Air Force) also, i can tell you, we have VERY few mossberg shotguns. You see them on occasion, mostly recently bought stuff for small sections... but for the most part, Remington and Winchesters fill most of the military's shotgun bill.

Meh....

I love my Mossberg shotties...

Now that you all brought up that the military doesn't just buy Mossberg, it makes me care even less what they buy.

Went out today and fired a box of twenty with the 30.06. It shot really nice with the 150 grain flavour.

As for my gauge(s)......the 500 and 88 are more than worth the money.

Back