• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Morris Mountain Thur November 3rd to Mon or Tue the 7th or 8th

crystalcleanteam

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys a few of us from Florida Have planned a trip to Morris Mountain. Where from West Palm to Orlando. Trying to leave early Thursday and wheel Fri, Sat and Sunday. Possibly Stay Mon?

So far we have 2 for sure and a few possibly going. Were laid back jeepers just enjoying our jeeps and hopefully meeting some new people to have a great time!! We have never been wheeling in Alabama so it would be great to meet up with some guys that know the area....

Here is a post with the info from our forum.

Ok so its nailed down to leaving Thursday November 3rd and coming back Monday or Tuesday the 7th or 8th. The location is Morris mountain ohv park. I already spoke with the owner and he is willing to open for us for that weekend for the normal rate Posted on there website. [/url]
http://www.morrismountainorv.com/
Just north of here by about an hour is choccolocco mountain as well as gray rock and a few others.

Also I have found a vacation rentals 15 minutes away "FYI the nearest hotel to the park is 10". On lake wedowee nice new big cabins/houses for $75 a night and up even with a cleaning fee of $75 its a deal if we have a few people going. Here is one for example. [URL="http://www.vrbo.com/100101[/url]."]http://www.vrbo.com/100101.[/URL] $375 divided by 4 is $94 per person . One person alone at a hotel is at least $50 per night min x four nights is $200.

Anyone interested? Pm me my name is Dan.

I would love to meet up with you guys. It will be a last minute thing for me though. Are you coming through BHAM?

This is definately a possibility for us, depending on how my surgery goes, and how the calendar drops. I may be from Bama, but I've only been to MM maybe 3 times, and once was working a hill climb comp (w/no trail riding) and the last time was a looong time ago. So I don't know how much help I would be. If you are looking for more locals w/knowledge of the trails, I could put the word out to the CAOS membership, and see if we could get some of the gang over there. They are usually up for a trail ride if there aren't any conflicts.
Let me know if you want me to try and scare up some CAOS members for this ride.
Andy

This is still on my calendar, and I can bring it up to the CAOS members while I'm working at the Fall for All this weekend. Is it still a go??:eyes:
ps. Sunday looks like a much better day for me.

Why would you cancel your own event? MM is well worth the ride up here..
If you get 2 people to go.. then go! I wont have my jeep in Nov.
MM is a ton of fun!

Why would you cancel your own event? MM is well worth the ride up here..
If you get 2 people to go.. then go! I wont have my jeep in Nov.
MM is a ton of fun!

No TJ or XJ? I may have a seat if my wife doesn't go... I don't want you to be any more bored than you need to be.....

The xj is being welded on.. the TJ is going home for the year. The DS's double cardon is slapping bad.. So im left driving the D-OdGe

The xj is being welded on.. the TJ is going home for the year. The DS's double cardon is slapping bad.. So im left driving the D-OdGe

Bummer man... so that would be the dodge rollin on 20's? We'll see if we can still get you in the dirt, even without your heeps!

275x65x20 ... factory from Dodge..

oh well, not sure if this is still happening, but we're out, just got invited to an 8 yr old birthday party.....party1:

Back