• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More video for you guys.

Yeah, good job Kevin. That was cool. The best part at the end of the day was the shower. Damn was it silty as sh*t up there! All that ash...........

Kyung

Nice break dancing Matt. We would have gotten off the trail sooner if Matt didn't stop to bust a move at every obstacle.:wierd: Kevin only recorded one incident.

Gerr said:
a word of advise on the install is to not rush it and make triple sure you get it all sealed and lined up right. it's not hard to make a small mistake that will leak all over your garage. im my case it was all over my dirt floor. also adjusting the linkage took some effort and a ton a beer to keep me from hitting it with a 10# hammer

Ultra gray is your friend, use it sparingly and you won't leak. Skip that blue/black/orange crap...

markw said:
Ultra gray is your friend, use it sparingly and you won't leak. Skip that blue/black/orange crap...

ultra grey is sensor safe :D

silicone (at least the permatex stuff) is kind of color coded... at least thats what the rep told me last time he was in my store... this is what he said:
black is for oil
blue is for water
red/orange is for heat
grey is for electrical/sensors (no explination on the color choice lol)
clear is for when you only need to seal air from getting in, no pressure.

:dunno: HTH :D

-mike

markw said:
Nah. I use right stuff and love it. Not cheap though.

Kyung

I've been using ultra gray on the honda transmissions which are aluminum to aluminum for years, and used it on my xfer case. NO leaks. It was comparable to the $18 tube Hondabond that honda specs, and I'd bet a chemical analysis would reveal they're the same product. It's silicone with a bit of tackyness to it, and actually sticks. I've got an odd non-leaking jeep, of course now that I've said that, something will let loose. :)

markw said:
Oh, we have another possible ham convert. Gave Matt a radio to listen in on, and he likes it. :)

http://www.qrz.com/p/testing.pl

Start practicing. :)

Kyung hooked me up with a good website also, i started to do a little practicing last night.I think i'll be ready in a couple of weeks!

Then i'll have to go shopping for a unit.

corbinafly said:
Nice break dancing Matt. We would have gotten off the trail sooner if Matt didn't stop to bust a move at every obstacle.:wierd: Kevin only recorded one incident.

Man, you said you were going to keep that a secret.
You know i was only doing it because you were playing your favorite Backstreet Boys CD over & over, so loud!:)

mattyj said:
Man, you said you were going to keep that a secret.
You know i was only doing it because you were playing your favorite Backstreet Boys CD over & over, so loud!:)
I was playing it for you. You obviously liked it.:eek:

I've been using orange only for years and never had a problem. You just gotta know how to properly lay a bead! :gee:

I use it becuase of the high heat part, that way I only have to have one tube at any given time (I use red sensor safe actually)

Oh - and yes it's sealed up a transfer case for me before ;)

From Camp Pendelton.

Take 5 south to 78 east to 15 south to 52 east to 125 south to 8 east to Buckman springs exit. Or you can just go 5 south to 8 east to keep it simple. Anyhow from the 8, go south on Buckman Springs for a few miles and turn right into the Corral Canyon OHV place. Follow the washboard dirt road until it turns to asphalt then follow the asphalt up a windy road to the top of a hill. That will put you at the four corners parking lot where there is a map of all the trails there. Bronco peak is best done starting at the Corral canyon camp area and heading up 3a. It ends at the Bobcat Meadows campground.

KH

Back