• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MORE bombproof block mounts

XJJack said:
Has any body heard of the drivers side having a problem with block seporation, I am using just the pasanger side made at T&J's and I far as I have heard this is the only side with that problem, the drivers side just always wears out the rubber joint.
my buddy has sheared off both sides so I havn't heard/experienced that.

I just recieved mine in the mail today. Just got done spray painting them. I'll see how the install goes tomorrow with the engine in the rig. Apparently I'm the '95 year guinea pig.

St3mpy said:
I just recieved mine in the mail today. Just got done spray painting them. I'll see how the install goes tomorrow with the engine in the rig. Apparently I'm the '95 year guinea pig.

The only differences that I have seen are on the drivers side, the hole is either at the end of the ear or it is about an inch back. There are also some that the passenger side is slotted or just a round whole, but I switched from the sloted to the whole on my 98 and it was lined up fine.

Steve at MORE had me take photos of my new stroker block to make sure that the holes would line up. He said there are now 7 variations in blocks that they have found and they are working to narrow down the mounts for one universal design.

My 94 country has this problem as well driver side motor mount ripped to shreads and passenger side block mount sheared off but two of the three holes are trashed and not tappable (peices of the block around the holes broke off) currently one bolt holding the motor on that side it basicly gets me around town. I was planning on swapping the motor until now I may be second guessing that decision. Any opinions or difinitive answers welcome.

After shearing off the passenger side twice, I replaced the mounts with MORE's and replaced the bolts with locktited, lockwashered, Unbrakos. They've been holding for the last 3 years. The new MORE pieces do look sweet though. :)

cannot find the blockmounts for the 4.0l online just chevy smallblocks and such if anyone knows of a specific site please let me know.:dunno:

Back