• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ Rear DIY Bumper

jcroffroad

www.jcroffroad.com
We've been working on a DIY MJ Rear bumper option to go along with our XJ DIY Bumpers.

Here's the kit assembled:
539544_10151205220808276_1530968743_n.jpg

Here it is completed:
61999_10151209470918276_116753549_n.jpg

Show me pictures of the mounts and you might have your first sale. :D

It's a very secure mount. I don't have pictures of it available yet. But when this thing hits our website, you will have all the information you need.

We are targeting to make this part of the Black Friday sale with a great Introductory price! Stay tuned!

Where's the license plate gonna go?

Would it be possible to have you post a profile photo? Is there enough of it to step on to get in/out of the bed?

Where's the license plate gonna go?

Would it be possible to have you post a profile photo? Is there enough of it to step on to get in/out of the bed?

It can be bolted onto the bumper, or relocated to somewhere else. We'll have plenty of pictures of this bumper when it's online and ready to sell.

looks great. about time someone offers something more for the MJ

We offered bumpers and sliders for the MJ's a couple years back, but they didn't sell. And when I say, didn't sell, I mean we moved like 2-3 pairs of sliders over 18 months and less than a dozen bumpers during the same period.

This will be the only thing we make for the MJ. The market is way too small.

Understandable, and MJ owners are mostly cheapskates... :eyes:

I really like the idea of a DIY one, since I imagine it costs a LOT less to fabricate, stock, and ship than a completed unit that sells at such low volume. Also easier for buyers to modify, for example I would probably add a 2" receiver if I got one.

Understandable, and MJ owners are mostly cheapskates... :eyes:

I really like the idea of a DIY one, since I imagine it costs a LOT less to fabricate, stock, and ship than a completed unit that sells at such low volume. Also easier for buyers to modify, for example I would probably add a 2" receiver if I got one.

That's exactly what we are shooting for with this DIY. Our XJ DIY bumpers have been very popular.

looks pretty good. i think it should stickout from the bumper a few more inches to provide a little protection and doubles as a step. il be checking your site black friday. any chance for a steeper discount seeing as i am a cheap mj owner, and i already have your front bumper

:helpme:

an unsolicited opinion:

quarter guards need to extend farther.

We had them extended further during our prototyping process and it looked goofy. Plus, without it mounting to the body, it would have just caved in and crushed the lower 1/4 panel when hit.
What about making the bumper ends flush with itself. and having bolt-on plates like for the xj bumpers?

What about making the bumper ends flush with itself. and having bolt-on plates like for the xj bumpers?

This product is already in production. Feel free to add to it or modify it in anyway you see fit to work your own personal build. Not enough MJ's to offer too many options.

Back