• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mj 2.5 no fire

PUNISHER 2

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 89 mj that sounds like the fuel pump is not priming and i'm not getting any fire. I changed the fuel pump relay and it started and ran for about 10 minutes then died.I changed the relays again but it won't start. I am no electrical wiz and I need some help. Thanks guy's!:piratefla

ballast resister is the long ceramic piece with 2 wires going into it. bypass it by simply connecting the wires together. if it operates then, then you need a new resistor.

jeepcomj said:
ballast resister is the long ceramic piece with 2 wires going into it. bypass it by simply connecting the wires together. if it operates then, then you need a new resistor.
well I cant even find it .Its obvoiusly been removed already but ,it did start until i moved it and then it died again. Maybe a ground or something?

could be

check the front left inside of the firewall.

it will look something like this
Substiture%20Ballast%20Resistor1.jpg
http://www.randakks.com/Substiture Ballast Resistor1.jpg

later 2.5's had them last I checked. the 90 i'm lookin at has one...

I cant find one on my 89. but it will start once in a while and i havent even touched it!I'll try and start it and it wont start then an hour later i'll try to start it and it will start ???????

PUNISHER 2 said:
I cant find one on my 89. but it will start once in a while and i havent even touched it!I'll try and start it and it wont start then an hour later i'll try to start it and it will start ???????

its gotta be a 90-newer thing
my 89 doesnt
jeepco's 90 does.

Back