• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Midweek run to Little Nachess

No problem,I`ve got more pads and maybe bolts, Glad you made it. As for my day and the trails :) :) GRRREEEAAATTT :exclamati :exclamati Did all that I set out to do ,which included trails and roads I`ve never followed all the way.
Even a road by HWY 410 that forms a loop.
Boy there was alot more Jeeps filling in for Jeep Jamboree.

XJourney said:
Here
http://www.pnw4wda.org/trailjam/index.htm

So what is this about pads and bolts? So pads for your front disks?, And bolts for???? :repair:
do tell
Bruce and I were off to a great start.Then a little ways he radios he has a banging and his brakes are strange,we find his front skid lost a bolt and the brakes are fine while sitting still ,ok we move on, the next call I`m stopped and my brake caliper is loose. Yep it sure was both bolts gone the rim was holding it in. We took the wheel off, the pad had moved in the caliper and bent the clips over,tried to straighten ,broke it, I had a used pad and I had 1 bolt to hold the caliper on,Put him together ,sent him down the hill to the highway
His daytrip of wheeling which started at 5 am was over before 10 am and now needed to find parts to get home.
Dissapointing for both but more so for Bruce -sams88

Last edited:
Twasn't the skid plate making the noise it turns out, just the caliper. Took the jeep out and beat it to death again with the one bolt missing from the plate. It's quiet again now... sigh. So the noise all the time was from the loose caliper. And the skid plate is off and getting re-bent so the missing bolt lines up with the bolt hole. :)

A brake job was done on the rig like three months back in Bellingham, both sides in the front. Well the two left caliper retaining bolts were not tightened down, and obviously the mech didn't go back and double check his work. As the bumper sticker says, $h*t happens. Bummed me out though. Was really pretty up there. But I also count my blessings as luckily Hards had a metric bolt that we could use for a stop-gap. It's also a good reminder that one should always go into the toolies with another vehicle. Preferably one of the same make as the likelihood of someone having a spare part that works increases. :)

In the end it all worked out okay, just very disapointing. But I'm glad that the failure didn't happen in an accident situation where someone could have been hurt. And yes, <grin> I had a heart to heart chat with the mech last night on the phone.

And on the bright side, at least I know the CB works! :)

And thankyou Hards, you were a gracious host!

And for those curious souls, after the additional new gas tax that just went into effect, the price of regular at Whistlin Jack's was $2.599 per gallon. Was a bit cheaper than that back down the road a spot towards Naches but I don't recal the exact price. I gassed up in Richland at the Albertson's station on Leslie, and it was $2.349, one whole quarter a gallon price difference!

But it's the ambience..... heh heh heh

Whistlin Jacks also has water,air [that is faster than my Quick air 2] and snacks and is easy to get to ,so they can have the couple of extra bucks I spend there . :)
Cosco in fed way 2.26 ,u 76 by my house 2.39

Back