• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Massive thank you to Yellaheep

TomMcD

NAXJA Forum User
Well now that I've escaped from work for a few hours I have to make clear how much I appreciate his opening up his driveway and garage to help me with swapping out the front axle in what turned into a six hour ordeal of pounding on a rusted part. With out the delays we would have been done in about three hours.

Not only did he give up a good parts hunting day, he drove up to high country 4x4 so I could get a replacement bushing sleeve when it became clear the old one was now a single part of the bolt. Except for the jack wanting to roll down the driveway, the aforementioned bushing, the broken unibearing bolt on the 'new' axle that I only found out about when I picked it up that morning, oh and mashing my still bused and tender thumb between the the tie rod and the drag link, it went great.

Being that it's the middle of January I'm not certainly not going to complain about sunshine and 50's. And considering that all I've done was help him move some stuff around his lot and his house I think I've come out way ahead. Not to mention I finally learned the right way to remove a TRE.

:worship:

They don't allow the smiley I'd like to use for anyone who would disagree with what I've stated above. So the best I can do is. :moon: And to add you're a bloody :looser:

Thank you again Mr Heep.

No worries Tom, glad to help!

Woulda been a different story if I'd have missed out on grabbing that D44 because of your dadgum axle swap......... (j/k) :D

That didn't happen though 'cause I'm in good with the Karma committee. Damn stellar deal you got there with the lift and all to go with it too. Makes me want to find some pics of my old MJ to post up.

All hail the Troyscout, master purveyor of pre-owned jeep schwag!!!!! :worship:;)

rpy_pig_in_boots_080611_ssh.jpg

so you're saying its getting a bit deep in here?:greensmok

Back