• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Maryland Inspection

gigage

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone living in Maryland help me with an issue we're having with trying to get a car inspected?

1. How much of a windshield crack will stop you from getting the car inspected?

2. They also say that the steering is leaking and that needs to be fixed.

3. Does anyone know of a good honest shop near Halethorpe, that we can take this car to and have just what it needs to get inspected? And an honest inspection station that can do the work?

Car is a 94 Acura Integra, Thanks in advance.

My guess about the crack would be it probably can't be in front of the driver's vision. Even though I'm in MA,, I had a crack a few inches long on the passenger's side and he passed it but if the crack were on the driver side it would have failed

Thanks, Here's the story. My daughter's up there, trying to make it on her own. She's a Texas girl and doesn't know all of the Maryland laws. I'm trying to help from down here but that's not easy.

The crack is about as long as a dollar bill, and it's right above the rear view mirror, and she has taken the car to Sears and gotten an estimate on the rack and pinion. The problem is that some people tend to take advantage of young girls. There first estimate was between 6 and 7 hundred dollars, then when she went back it climbed to $1200.00 and then to $1400.00 and without being there I can't tell whats going on. That's why I need someone in that area to recommend a good honest shop. I wish she would buy a nice little XJ, and then I wouldn't worry so much. That is also why I posted on the XJ forum, they are such good people:confused1 .

Any help would be appreciated, (90 red XJ in Texas)

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n249/gigage/100_1295.jpg

I know how a lot of shops have a habit of charging women too much or signing them up for unneeded repairs. Have had to step in the middle of that too many times.

If she needs a hand with a shop we can probably find some way to help her out. 67Temp, you up for it? (this is Jason/alosix from the creepers).

FWIW, I went to school down in that area (UMBC). If most any Honda stays parked for too long down there it will disappear.

Jason

Back